Chapter Eight

It was past 6pm when Zhan went down to the parking area because that's what Yibo said on the intercom. He still has a meeting with his business associate at five o'clock. For Zhan, it would be better if he went down at night so that no office workers could see them.

The door of Yibo's car was already open when he approached. He got in and closed the door. Zhan winced inwardly he felt like he is Yibo's mistress. The difference is that Yibo is not married.

"Where will we go?" there was nervousness and anticipation in his chest as he asked Yibo.

WYB did not immediately respond. He grabbed Zhan's hand and brought it to his lips and tongue-kissed his palm. Zhan's eyes widened and he suddenly withdrew his hand. It seemed like a live wire touched his hand. Yibo looked at him smiling at his behaviour.

"Why? Don't you like it?" Yibo asked.

Zhan cleared his throat twice, before answering. "I... It's... It's sensuous..." he groaned inwardly. Where did the words come out of his mouth?

WYB looked at him with teasing eyes. "I'm pleased with your choice of words, Zhany," Yibo said as if he could guess what Zhan was thinking. "So, there's no need to blush. I meant the kiss to be sensual."

"You still haven't answered my question about where we're going." Zhan wanted to change the subject.

"We're going to a townhouse where you will move in. It's nearby. The owner of the unit is a friend of mine and he's in another country. He told me a long time ago that I'll find someone to live in his unit while he's gone. And you're just the right person. You can take care of the unit." Yibo answered.

Zhan looks at Yibo in shock. "Town-house? But why there? H-how am I going to pay for that? I hope it's at another boarding house, Yibo."

"Boardinghouse?" Yibo repeated and let out a soft laugh. "Oh, Zhany, sweetheart. How could you be so naive. Anyway, don't worry about the payment because all my friend wants is for someone to live in the unit and not to rent it out. In case he comes home anytime from abroad There are no hassles with the tenant."

Zhan could not speak immediately. Unit in a townhouse! Wasn't it too good to be true? And he doesn't have to pay anything monthly. But he owes that to WYB and since they are boyfriends, it is possible for Yibo to come and to stay there any time he wants. What is that called? Live-in partner?

Zhan grimaced in disgust. Did he really jump from the frying pan into the fire? And if that was so, how could he have the feeling that he was not burned by the fire he fell into?

"You accused me of living with Alen. But... "

"I'm not accusing you," Yibo quickly tried to defend himself. "I asked you. And don't turn your back now, Zhany. I won't let you," Yibo said determinedly.

Same as with any conversation he and Yibo had, the man had the last word. Zhan kept silent. As a matter of fact, this is what he and Ziyi were talking about and somehow, he had already prepared himself and his heart. But he couldn't help but be afraid. It happened very fast. Less than twenty-four hours since last night.

A few minutes later they were at the townhouse. The environment is beautiful and there are many trees around the compound. Yibo parked the car in the garage and got out of the car followed by Zhan who wanted to break his chest because of nervousness.

Yibo pushed the door open, and the medium-sized unit was exposed to Zhan.

Yibo was already inside but Zhan remained at the door. "This unit has two bedrooms. Choose which one you want to occupy." Yibo raised his hand to him and smiled encouragingly. "Don't just stand there, sweetheart. Come in. Don't you want to take a peek at where you will live starting today?"