22

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Benedict's Ending

Benedict's Ending

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

THE ARCHBISHOP walked away, leaving Benedict and Anthony facing the soon empty church. The episodes that happened before their eyes left the brothers still speechless, but Benedict didn't just remain silent, he ached, he burned, and he knew that if he didn't act in that moment, he'd lose Bellatrix forever.

Before Anthony could speak, his brother ran outside the church, stealing wat was supposed to be the married couple's carriage's horse. As his hair ran against the wind, and his heart palpitated he could finally spot the royal carriage at some distance, the princess still inside, in pure shock.

Some might call him crazy, and some might call him brave, because all Benedict remembered was finally reaching for the carriage, still in motion, and pulling open one of the doors, making Yvette Soyet scream.

"Mr.Bridgerton?!" She gasped, and at that moment, Bellatrix woke up from her shock.

The princess's eyes snapped open to face him, the dishelved best man, keeping up wuth the carriage's rythm, eager to stand his hand towards her without thinking twice.

"Benedict, what-" she tried to speak.

"There's not much time." He hushed, counting down the seconds until the rider discovered their plan. "Take my hand"

Bella looked down at his large hand and then at the proposal he had just made. "You mean-"

"Run away with me" He suddenly confessed, blossoming any doubt or feeling she fought so much against. "This might be our last chance, Bella, and I don't want to waste it. So I'll ask you one more time" He took in a deep breath "Run away with me, please."

The proposal was almost overwhelming, never in her life she expected to face such decision. To leave behind the ton, the duties and simply renegate into loving someone she wasn't supposed to. But there was Benedict, on that white horse, resembling the prince she dreamt of in so many stories, desperate and devoted to let it all go for her, to risk his life, his family, his career and his reputation only to become her home.

And even as reasonable as she attempted to be, she couldn't neglect her heart. SHe couldn't neglect her soul.

She looked at Yvette, who was completely in shock. "Princess, you can't be serious..."

"I'm sorry, Yvette." She whispered and squeezed her hand. "But I can't lie to myself anymore."

With those words said she immediatly took Benedict's hand and with a swiftly motion he managed to oull her out of the carriage and she hoped on the back of his horse, luckily she didn't fall on the road.