1

"SORROWS, PRAYERS"

The room is monotone, almost black, completely somber as the royal family continues in silence, except for the eldest son, who cries out loud in a pathetic way for the loss of his only daughter.

Queen Charlotte instead is in a rather tense situation. Her grief is disguised by a mask of duty and responsibility that falls above her shoulders, realizing that now she has no eligible successors within her 16 heirs to continue the king's legacy.

Her gaze was diligent, analyzing within the family the obnoxious situation she found herself. Her children were a bunch of single morons who'd never leave her home or either marry someday, they became too comfortable, too immature to even think about their duties.

But she couldn't allow that matter to persist, after all, that was not only an issue about romance, no, she didn't care if they loved their suitors or not, she cared about the problem that grew and became the newest gossip in her peasants mouths, including the vexing and notorious Lady Whistledown.

Speaking of the subject was never easy, none of her children were open to succumbing to the sacrifice to marry to pay the price of a legacy, they were rather selfish and would do anything within their reach to never attend to their mother's wishes.

"The only heir to the throne is dead." The Queen speaks to her offspring, as her eldest, George, sobs even harder, and she helplessly and effortlessly comforts him with taps on his shoulders. "Children, this is a crisis. I've heard from the Prime Minister on the topic. Worse, Lady Whistledown is talking about it, which means everyone will be talking about it."

"There she goes again..."Edward, one of Charlotte's sons rolled his eyes."Mother, I believe you are a bit obsessed about Lady Whitledown."

"I am obsessed with keeping your father's legacy alive, you bunch of ungrateful children," Charlotte spoke through her teeth but didn't lose her composure. "You must marry. There is no excuse for your behavior."

"Mother, I think you are being a bit zealous. Perhaps the grief..."

"No! It is time to find husbands." She interrupted Augustus. "It is time to trade in the mistresses for respectable wives." She pointed to her sons. "Get started." She looked fiercely at them. "One of you had better produce the next ruler of the United Kingdom, or your father's line dies with him." Charlotte then turned to her youngest daughter in the room. "Bellatrix." The young girl widened her brown eyes as she heard her name.

One of her brothers chuckled while whispering to another. Bellatrix glanced furiously at them. They stopped immediately. The black girl smiled again at her mother. "Yes, mama?"

Charlotte contained her laugh at Bellatrix's behavior, she had an attitude similar to her own. "You will debut in this season." The siblings gasped amused, but also relieved. Maybe if their sister succeded in finding a husband, they wouldn't need to follow their mother's wishes. "I do not expect anything less than perfection, my dear."

"Debut?" Augusta spoke in advance "Are you willing to pair our sister with a commoner of lower rank?" The other sisters disapproved as well.

Charlotte sighed again, god, her children were almost impossible to deal with. "Most of the princes and dukes are either engaged or abroad, and we don't have time to wait for them to come back," Charlotte remarked. "Bellatrix is already of age to make her debut, delaying her showcase in society would be imprudent due to the urgent circumstances, so yes, I will pair her with someone from lower rank if needed to, but, of course, with a worthy title." She explained meticulously, shutting down her daughters' complaints. "Bellatrix, do you understand?" Charlotte looked at her daughter.