14

"YOUR HIGHNESS, WAIT!" Benedict shouted as he followed her through the blinding vegetation that surrounded them.

"Oh, Mr.Bridgerton." She smiled at him. "I guess you do have a spirit for sports too" she chuckled. "I believe I saw the balls over there, let's go-"

"Did you really need to do that?" Anthony stepped in, his vexing expression clear. "To ruin both our chances in the game, only so you couldn't grant me victory?"

Her smile faded. "Someone needed to humble you, my Lord, and I found myself capable of doing it, so I did it." She said and continued to walk forward.

Benedict wasted no time in order to help her continue walking, holding her hand to cross obstacles if needed, so she wouldn't be hurt.

"Whose side are you in?" Anthony looked at him suspiciously.

"Uh...my own?" He lied. "My ball was also thrown in the process, remember?" Bella laughed. "Very funny, Your Highness. I shall have my revenge someday."

Anthony groaned at the situation and continued walking with the group, watching as Benedict helped Bella frequently along the way until the trees opened their path to a pool of mud where he could visualize the three balls together.

"Oh, great." He complained. "Just what I needed."

Bella looked at the mud, already visualizing the dirtiness it could cause to her expensive royal shoes if she stepped in, but otherwise, she was still stuck in the dilemma of attempting to win the match against the two, and that could be more valuable than any sophisticated icon.

Benedict sensed her fear of trying to cross that path "I can fetch your ball to you, your Highness" He smiled sweetly.

"That would be cheating" Anthony immediately said as a sour child playing a game. Benedict looked at him, eyebrows furrowed annoyed.

"And what do you suggest? To simply give up?"

"No, but you are not-"

Before any of the brothers could continue arguing, Bellatrix's feet sunk into the mud, as she held the hem of her dress, showing the slightest amount of skin covered by her long socks to both open-mouthed surprise men.

"Princess,I do not think that's-"

"I can almost reach it" She chuckled energetically as she continued to go forward.

Anthony tried to contain his smile at her sudden attitude but didn't think twice before joining her in the mud.

"Oh would you look at that, I was expecting you'd be too afraid to dirty your fine leather boots, my lord." Bellatrix teased as she finally reached her ball and prepared to strike it.

"Do not worry about my boots," Anthony said annoyed as he watched the princess swiftly strike her ball away from the mud.

"An excellent shot." Benedict smiled softly to Bella. "I must admit you both are very... honorable players." He joked slightly and Bella knew the sarcasm in his tone, making her laugh. "I believe it is your turn now, Anthony."

It didn't take long for the grumpy viscount to strike his ball as well, making it land just by the princess', now remaining only the second born's one.

"Brother," Anthony said, waiting for him to do the same.

"Actually..."Benedict tilted his head. "I'd rather step away from this one." He said, omitting the fact that he would hate to ruin his appearance in front of Bellatrix. "You both should hurry up to catch up with the rest of the group."

"Do not tell me you can't stand some mud, Mr.Bridgerton." Bella teased as Anthony stepped out of the mud pool, trying to clean his boots in the grass and failing miserably.