22.1

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Anthony's Ending

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

ANTHONY BRIDGERTON wasn't authorized to see his fiancé. In fact, his family with grear struggle, managed to take him home after the wedding, but he was completely anxious, walking side to side unable to stop talking or complaining about the situation.

"That duke must be arrested for the rest of his days in the most degradating dungeon that has ever existed." He groaned whike his bots made noise on the floor. "Actually, if I could, I'd challenge him to a duel-"

"Don't start it again." Simom Basset, who came to the weddibg with his wife, Daphne, now sat om the floor with his little son and Gregory, watching as the viscount continued to mumble nonsense. "That won't take us anywhere you know that."

"And it might kill you." Daphne replied annoyed. "Do you really think Bellatrix would be happy with that?"

Anthony silenced himself. "She wouldn't." Benedict, who relied on a wall by the corner of the room teplied instead.

"You shut it." Anthony pointed to his brother. "This is partially your fault."

"Oh heavens, this will never end." Eloise sighed and buried her face on her book.

"If you weren't sending letters to her and sketching her-"

"Calm down brother." Colin said as he lazily lied at the couch and Francesca complained about the lack of seats in the living room. "It's not like Benedict was sketching her nude as his muses at the academy..."He took a bite of the apple he was eating "...i think."

Anthony shot the artist at deadly glance that made him tremble. "I swear I didn't!" He quickly justificated himself. "She was always dressed, I promise!"

The viscount sighed, running his hands through his tired face. None of that was useful anyway. He only wished to know if Bellatrix was safe and sound. He couldn't believe his wedding could've slipped through his fingers so easily, it infuriated and frustrated him so deeply.

"How am I supposed to stay here while she is...she is..."The words escaped him.

It hurt Violet to see her son that way, of course she was mostly confused to see that bpth Benedict and Anthony had fallen for the same woman, but she hated to see them suffer so much and felt so helpless about what to do or how to guide them.

He left the room, the boots loud on the floor as he locked himself in his office again, no one allowed to come in or out, just like his heart.

Truth is, he didn't want anyone see him defeated. Because that's how he felt. He lost the opportunity to marry Bellatrix, lost her to his brother, and now watched as she suffered without being able to do anything about it.