19

"ELIZABETH!" Her voice reverbered through the palace's hallways until reaching her oldest sister ears. Elizabeth internally groaned, knowing that tone didn't mean any good. "Elizabeth wait-" Bellatrix puffed exhausted.

"Aren't you supposed to get prepared for your wedding dress proving today?" The older one crossed her arms.

The two has always been like that, hating and loving in a dynamic only they two knew and shared.

"I wanted to ask you something" Bellatrix took in a deep breath, and her sister noticed her clear anxiety.

"Is something wrong?" She questioned a bit concerned.

"I..."She inhaled deeply, closing her eyes before speaking. "What happens after...after a man and woman kiss?"

Elizabeth blinked twice, trying to understand if she hearf it correctly, then turned to her youngest sibling again. "What do you mean?"

"Is that why they need to marry?" She questioned, her body burning with memories of the previous night. "If they do whatever comes after the kiss before marriage, becomes scandalous...then what is it?"

Elizabeth flushed by the question, she didn't know exactly how to reply to such a statement, after all ladies at the time weren't prepared for nuptials or educated in the subject. Elizabeth was the only one, along with george, within the Queen's children to married enough to answer the question, which now she could understand Bellatrix's urge to ask her instead.

"It is...um...something intimate." She tilted her head to the side. "Something that will grant you a child...that's why the two need to be married." Was her answer.

"Intimate how?" Bellatrix said, her beat speeding as she remembered how fast Anthony unbottoned her dress and slowly lifted her skirt, it made he breathless. "Do they need to be..."She blushed "...nude?"

Elizabeth choked breathing, vompletely shocked by her sister's words. "Bellatrix!" She called her out on the taboo subject. "I...well....why are you asking these questions? They are inappropriate for a lady-"

"Shouldn't I be prepared for my marriage? And why do men know and we don't?" She snapped instead. "How am I suppose to grant a child or please my husband if I do not know the basic information regarding it??"

"You..."Elizabeth sighed, realizing she was completely right. "Your husband will instruct you, when time approaches. And concerning the fact that your husband is the Viscount Bridgerton, an ex libertine..."Elizabeth scoffed. "He probably knows much regarding the subject."

"Why-"

"Your highness!" Yvette came running, almost tripping on her dark brown skirt as she reached them, her red hair was untied by the hush. "Oh, I finally found you both.."She exhaled relieved. "The queen requests your presence at the main ladies room...the modiste and the Bridgertons have arrived."

"The Bridgertons?" Bellatrix blushed. "Is Anthony here?"

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow by how informally she called the viscount already, and adding to her sister's new doubts, Elizabeth could already suspect they have grown way too close before the wedding.

"No, no."Yvette shook her head. "The Viscount had matters to deal with, only the dowager Viscountess of Bridgerton, the duchess of Hastings, and the second brother are here."

Bellatrix immediatly froze by her words. "The...second brother...?"

"Yes, Mr. Benedict Bridgerton came to escort his sister and his mother in the viscount's abscence. But I must assure he won't come up while you are changing, your highness, don't worry." Yvette said with a clueless calm smile, while Bellatrix internally panicked. "Shall we go now?"