7

"FOR the last time, Miss Soyet, I don't need more pillows." The princess groaned as she walkee through the hallways.

It's been 2 days since Bellatrix had arrived in Kew. Since then she barely saw her father, Reynolds had affirmed that he was having some hard days and barely recognized anyone, so they let him rest in his room. By then, the only company she had was Yvette, and honestely, she was driving her insane.

"Would your majesty like to go to the gardens today? I'll jave the servants prepare a carpet so you can step on." She said fastly as she followed her 5 foot behind.

"Why would I need a carpet?" Bellatrix stopped, finding her idea insane.

"So you won't dirty your shoes, of course."

Bella didn't even insist on arguing, she only continued to walk through the palace. Kew was just as elegant as Buckingham, but it was rather more quiet than the first one. She couldn't listen to her siblings gossiping or folling around, neither to the hushed servants and her mother's orders that echoed through the air followed by Brimsley behind.

All was left in Kew were elegant huge walls, expensive decorations, an immaculate garden and many memories told by time.

The air was fresh, and if she closed her eyes for a second all the worries, all the roubles could be gone at that mere instant.

"Tea?" If not by Yvette's voice.

Bella closed her fist. "Thank you, Yvette." She sat down and did not complain, just drank in orser to shut the valent.

Yvette stood promptly by her side, staring at the horizon, and for a moment she did not seem so automatic and perfect as she used to be.

"England is so beautiful in the afternoon" She said softly, her french accent covering some letters.

Bella looked at the direction as her, watching as the sun lowered itself behind the trees and the sky painted itself in orange. "I agree." She whispered and savored the warmth of the drink. "Your tea is quite delightful."

Yvette smiled a bit. "Thank you, your highness."

"It's not brittish, is it? I sense something...foreign." She wondered.

"Your highness is corre t, that's actually Thé des Lords Earl Grey Tea...it's a french black tea made with notes of bergamot and subtle floral aromas." She responded. "It used to be my father's favorite."

Bella rest the cup for a moment. "Does he also work in the palace?"

"Oh..." Yvette's smile disappeared for a moment. "No, not anymore, your hughness...he...he died of the consumption in our boat to England." She lowered her eyes in a bit of sadness.

The words made Bella a a bit surprised, bit she was raised not to be spread with sadness. "Sorry for your loss."

"Thank you, your highness." Yvette nodded.

Bella thought a bit before asking another question, warming her fingers at the thin delicate porcelain.

"If I may ask this question...why did you decide to work in the palace?" She looked at the young servant. "You are of age, you could've married wealthy, or at least reasonably."

Yvette blushed and shaked her head. "I still have my mother and my sisters to sustain." She explained. "My mother is unable to walk, you see...and when my father died...well, as the oldest I did what I had to do." She said wuth a bit of confidence. "I was blesser enough to work in such a wonderful palacex and now work for the prinvess herself."

"But...don't you feel frustrated?" Bella asked curious. "I mean...didn't you wish for more? Maybe wished that your life had a different path?"

Yvette shaked her head. "I am quite happy to work here, and I am not flatterying you, my princess, by saying so." She chortled softly. "As a littlr girl I've always admired the royalty, all i've wanted was to at least be near them, to watch the balls and the gowns glisten under candlelights." She smiled. "I am a romantic at heart, but I do not wish to marry at all. I'd rather be a servant to the crown, than to a man who, let's be honest, might not even respect me."