Part 13

A/N
I WANT AVATAR OUT OF MY LIFEEE AHHHH 😭🫶🫶

Ao'nung looked over the horizon, his eyes steady on the ocean. He held Nahele with a tight grip and never wanted to let go. He held the young boy close and sang soft songs. It was a bright morning even if it was very early. Ao'nung smelled the morning air and he couldn't help but smile. He had turned 17 that morning and life seemed the same, but it wasn't.
He felt different. He had accomplished much within the few months of Neteyam's death and now he felt better. He thought more clearly.

" Shush..." Ao'nung hushed the baby and he cooed softly.
" Do not cry my love." Ao'nung smiled.

His parents had insisted that he was to remate and Ao'nung didn't have the courage to say that they hadn't mated.
They were young and Neteyam was still a young 16 year old. Nahele was only a few months so it felt weird not being mated. It was a different life for him and he could only embrace it.

" Ao'nung, you look good today." Kiri chuckled and pushed back a few of his curls.

" I feel good." Ao'nung smiled.

" Thank Ewya." Kiri smiled back.

Ao'nung smiled once more and he looked back onto the ocean than down at the baby boy. His hands curled around Nahele's chubby fingers and Nahele held a strong grip on them.

" The baby is strong." Ao'nung smiled and kissed his forehead.

" Like his father's." Kiri said in approval.

" He will make an amazing warrior." Ao'nung claimed.

" He will." Kiri chuckled.

Nahele seemed to giggle at the claim and he waved around his chubby hands, his mini loincloth folding with the movements. His mouth was wet and his nose dripped a little due to his fresh baby affects.

" He smiles now." Ao'nung chuckled.

" Just like Neteyam in fact." Kiri whispered and Ao'nung sighed.

" I miss him so much." Ao'nung whispered with a heartbroken tone.

" We all do." Kiri replied and pushed back some of Ao'nung's long curls.
" You have come a long way Ao'nung."

" I hoped you would say that." Ao'nung replied with a soft smile.

Nahele looked up and Ao'nung fixed him so that Nahele now looked towards the ocean. Nahele squeal and his saliva dripped down his chin to which he wiped with his set chubby fists.

" I should head back. I am learning about healing." Kiri smiled and stood.

" Have fun." Ao'nung chuckled and Kiri rolled her eyes.

" Now it's just you and me baby." Ao'nung cooed at Nahele.

Nahele smiled and his eyes glistened. He stuck his tongue out and seemed to play with it along his lips.

" I love you baby, yes I do." Ao'nung baby talked.

Nahele squealed once more and he bounced himself softly on Ao'nung's lap. He waved his chubby arms about and Ao'nung smiled brightly. He felt the happiness around him, even with Neteyam absent. He felt happy. He felt love. He felt everything once against and the world seemed brighter.
Maybe he did miss Neteyam but he knew he would survive even without him, Neteyam's everlasting love kept him standing and breathing.
Neteyam's love kept him alive and caring for this lively and alive baby.