Part 4

A/N
Back from the cute cliffhanger so...I decided that I want to post when there is Atleast SOME drama so that I'm interested and I don't leave this story for the cold 🥰 atp I don't even care if anybody likes it bc ima end up posting it on TikTok anyways 🙂🫶🫶🫶

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Neteyam was walking around the seashore, picking up a few shells as he walked since his parents were flirting back at the mauris so... he didn't want to stay and witness that.
He saw Ao'nung and his friends so he thought he might aswell apologize for throwing a few punches too.

" Hey guys... Lo'ak said sorry right-?" Neteyam asked first.

" Yea why? He didn't stay to ask you?" Ao'nung said with a strange tone as the boys laughed.

" No? Why would he...? Speaking of that, I haven't seen him for some time. Do you guys know where he went?" Neteyam then asked, confused.

" He didn't come back?" Ao'nung asked with a smirk.

" No? Is there something I should know?" Neteyam questioned and Ao'nung shrugged.

" Maybe." Ao'nung laughed.

" Where is he?" Neteyam whispered.

" Somewhere in the ocean." Ao'nung stated and Neteyam went a pale blue.

" Wh-at? The ocean?! How?!" Neteyam gasped, his eyes rounding and his heart thumping loudly.

" Because we left him there. Duh." Ao'nung retorted and Neteyam didn't even have a chance to think before Ao'nung's tswin was in his hand.

" Tell that to my father." Neteyam said coldly but his breath was shaky.

Neteyam dragged Ao'nung with him quickly. He walked through the mauris until he found his father with another group of men.

" Father!" Neteyam called and Jake turned.

" Yes-?" Jake asked, turning from the group of men.

" Tell him what you told me." Neteyam said harshly and Ao'nung tossed his arm back to remove Neteyam's hand from his tswin.
[...]
Neteyam stood still. They had sent out some men to rescue Lo'ak and now they were just awaiting his arrival. He was angry. He had cried. He had a mix of emotions and all he wanted now was to see his brother safe and sound.
Lo'ak finally arrived. He stayed on the back of a man's ilu and when he got off Neytiri rushed forward.

" Ewya help me that I do not pluck the eyes out of my youngest son." Neytiri hissed and motioned towards Lo'ak's eyes but he just moved his head.

" I apologize for my son." Tonowari stated and pushed Ao'nung down by his shoulder so he would kneel in front of Lo'ak.

" It's not his fault. I-..." He looked to Jake.
" I asked him to take me." Lo'ak whispered and he watched Jake looked down in shame.
[...]
Lo'ak started to walk off and Ao'nung followed with his head down. Ao'nung was ashamed. He knew he was going to get it when he went home.

" Why did you do that? Take the blame-?" Ao'nung asked, walking closer and then next to Lo'ak.

" Because I know what it feels like to be a disgrace." Lo'ak replied and Ao'nung looked down with a small smile.
[...]
Neteyam sat outside the pod, his eyes looking out at the eclipse. He breathed slowly and he wiped a few tears of just pure distress. He slumped, exhausted once more from how much he tried to perfect himself.

" Kids. Come close." Neytiri said, motioning for them all.

The kids stood and walked towards Neytiri and Jake who sat in the middle with a small device they acknowledged from back in the labs.

" What is it?" Kiri asked and Neytiri smiled at her.

" Me and your father have a small question." Neytiri chuckled.

" What is it?! More crayons?" Tuktiery asked, holding her box of custom made crayons Norm made for her.

" Not yet Tuk. Something else..." Jake chuckled, patting her head and showing the screen.

On the screen were two small creatures, they both had four legs and walked on those four legs. They seemed miniature and almost like some of the predators from back in the forest.

" What is that?" Lo'ak inquired, tilting his head and sitting on his heels.

" This is a 'dog' and this is a 'cat'." Jake explained and the kids nodded, pronouncing it with their own accents.

" Why are you showing us this?" Kiri tilted her head and Neteyam nodded at the question.

" Because...recently. In the lab. They have been working to make more of them." Jake explained and Tuktiery's eyes lit up.

" Can we get one?!" She squealed and Kiri patted her back to calm her down.

" Well, that was our question." Neytiri replied and the kids eyes lit up.

Immediately, loud conversations broke out and they started thinking of names—trying to come up with the strangest of names and some from the English dialect they had learned.

" Is it allowed?" Neteyam asked suddenly.

" Is what? An animal?" Neytiri asked.

" Yea.." Neteyam shrugged and Neytiri frowned.

" Yes my child. You seem tired..." Neytiri whispered and Neteyam only nodded.

" Lo'ak, go help your brother to bed." Jake instructed and Lo'ak only nodded.

" Come on big bro." Lo'ak motioned and Neteyam sighed, getting up and moving to their hammocks.

" You can go back inside." Neteyam said, moving to the hammock and going onto it.

" Nah. I'll stay." Lo'ak replied, moving next to his brother.

" You better not kick me." Neteyam chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully.

" You know I rarely ever do!" Lo'ak huffed, rubbing his eyes.

" But you do. Goodnight." Neteyam chuckled, putting a hand on his brother's forehead to bless him.

" Night..." Lo'ak yawned.