c29 (Part 2)

Minji was tired from all dancing and laughing with Hanni. She was drained yet the latter seemed nowhere near collapsed. She then danced with Minji's father whilst the doctor sat at one of table at the corner with Seulgi. Wendy was going to the toilet so it was only them left.

"I can't believe today is actually happen. One of us is having a family right now."

"You bet," Minji drank her water as she swept her sweat.

"It feels like it's just yesterday when we finished med school, you know. Now suddenly she's a wife, soon to be pregnant lady then she becomes a new then grandma then dead," Minji frowned.

Ryujin looked at Minji with a weird look.

"We're old, Ryu," she said as a matter of fact.

"We're not old, we're getting old. Still in the process not there yet,"

They fell in silence.

"I want it too," Ryujin cracked the stillness.

"What Yujin has, I want it too."

"Do you think Wendy wants it too?"

"I don't know, but the ring is getting heavier each day."

Minji turned her head towards the other shorty in disbelieved.

"What?"

"I have the ring, Minji. Right now, in my car."

"You kidding!"

Ryujin snorted. "Why would I? You want to see it?"

They marched their way towards the white sport car then got inside.

Ryujin showed her a blue ring box then opened it.

"Wow, so pretty," Minji grinned admiring the light blue diamond.

"Told ya," Ryujin put it back to its safe place.

"When will you do it?"

"I don't know. When I have the courage, I think?"

"Coward!" Minji mocked her then received a slap at the back of her head.

"Yah!"

"You can say that because you don't have a ring that you need to keep around and hide from Hanni." Ryujin nagged her.

"It's tiring to lie every time she asked me why when I zone out. I want a perfect proposal but I can't think of anything. I just want to pop up the question and get married already."

"Who says I don't have it?"

"Oh?"

*****

She looked up from her phone to the sound of the high heels steps that coming towards her. She grinned and stood up from her chair as

she hugged the older version of her. "Where's Hanni?" The woman asked.

Minji narrowed her eyes, face palmed. "Hello to you too, my dearest mother," she said sarcastically.

"Hello my sweet cheeks," her father kissed her left temple.

"Hi honey. Now where's Hanni?" Her mother also pecked her right temple.

"She's at the court, why are you asking her?"

They sat down.

"She's my other daughter who actually talk to me many times a week unlike my other daughter who doesn't call when Hanni doesn't call me," she spoke sassily. "Now why do we own this pleasure oh my so busy dear daughter?" She folded her arms, looking at her scarily.