c29 (Part 1)

"Why you though?" Hanni shoved a full spoon of asparagus soup to her mouth. They decided to have light dinner tonight since both of them were still full.

"What do you mean why me? Are you doubting my capability of stealing people's heart?" Minji increased her brow.

"Well duh?" The lawyer laughed.

"Yah!"

"I know you well enough, Kim Minji," she pointed her fork towards the shorty with her smug smirk.

"You're so awkward with new people, even your smile looks so forced." she said as a matter of fact.

"I'm stealing your heart alright. Besides, you can't deny that I'm young, I'm brilliant and also I'm good looking. Of course the boards choose me to represent our subdivision to those donor funds," Minji spoke arrogantly.

"You know I sometimes ask myself the question of why am I putting up with someone who is so snobby as you," the adoration smile on her lips contraindicated the meaning of her words.

"Someone told me that she loves me very much." Minji leaned forward across the table.

"Maybe that's the reason why," she placed a soft peck on Hanni's lips earning a light blush on the latter cheeks.

"Why are you so cute?" Minji laughed as she sat down again.

"Why are you so cheesy?" Hanni wiped the corner of her lips with a napkin.

"Oh come on! I swept you off of your feet, don't I?"

"See? Snobby," Hanni snorted.

"Whatever, you love me anyway."

"Yeah, yeah," Hanni rolled her eyes.

"By the way, Yujin's wedding is next month, we have to start hunting dress."

"You go hunt, I'll go with whatever you decide on."

"Really?" Minji nodded then went back to her soup.

*****

Minji had been fidgeting with her tops endlessly since she wore it.

"Sweet heart, don't do that. Stop it." Hanni took her hands in her as she glared at the taller girl. "You're tearing it apart."

"I don't like tie! You know I don't like tie!" She sulked. It wasn't even a tie to begin with. It was a pretty lace that paired with the dress she'd wear at Yujin's wedding day.

"How many times do I have to tell you-"

"It's still a tie!" She folded her arms.

"And this dress is too much. I can't walk its too tight. And I can't wear this towering heels, I'll end up kissing the floor instead of you."

Hanni rolled her eyes. "It's your best friend's wedding day, aren't you going to put more effort on this?"

"We bought her a super sophisticated expensive vacuum cleaner and barbeque grill, her request I might add so you can't say I don't put an effort," Minji huffed down to the couch.

Her spouse sighed in defeat. "Fine, do you want to find another outfits then?"

"Honestly? No. I can't even feel my legs anymore." Minji kicked the black high heels out of her feet.

"This is torture! Can we just go the wedding ceremony wearing comfy clothes?" She asked the rhetorical question.

"Don't be ridiculous and stop being a cry baby. Yujin's wedding is a week away. You said you'll agree with whatever dress I pick for you and yet," she inhaled a breath.