c28 (Part 2)

Hanni smiled a little, she spotted Danielle and Yeji stared at her near the elevator with other employees. She sighed in relieved, at least she didn't have to take the elevator alone and made Minji late for her work more.

Minji smiled acknowledging their presence but didn't let go of Hanni's hand.

"Minji, Yeji and Dani are here. I'm fine, you should go to hospital."

"You'll go with them?"

"Yes. Thank you for driving me, sweet heart." She wanted to kiss her, but their surroundings were too crowded and she had to keep her professionalism.

"Okay then. Wait for me, I'll pick you up, okay?"

"Okay," she nodded.

"How's pasta sound for dinner?"

"Sounds good," she chuckled.

"It's a date," Minji grinned widely.

"It's a date," Hanni agreed.

Minji leaned in and sets gentle kiss right on Hanni's lips. "I'll be on my way now. Yeji, Danielle," she waved at the girls and turned her heels toward the exit.

On her halfway out, she pressed the call button as it ringed for to times before the recipient picked up.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful today?"

"Once or twice, why?" she could hear a soft giggle at the end of the phone.

"Great. I'll remind you for the third time today, you're beautiful. I will see you tonight. Bye, dear."

"Thank you," she meant it.

"I love you too."

"I'm glad you didn't call us last night," Danielle said as the walked out of the elevator.

"It means she'd stay. For good." Hanni didn't say anything.

*****

Minji learned a lot from Hanni, how to loved and being loved in return, how to be patient in the most difficult moment, how to kept going and saw things through. Hanni would be the strong one when she was weak and now it was her turn to take the role.

Keeping up with the emotionally fragile Hanni wasn't an easy thing to do. She cried without no reason and being so insecure about their relationship like there was no hope. Many times she'd be angry with Minji just because.

It took all of her power to not chased the certain guy and beat him up mercilessly. What he did to Hanni was beyond cruel and she had to be the one who witness the love of her life broke down and doubting everything every single day. Hanni sometimes cried to and in her sleep, it took her a while to be able to sleep again. Minji never left her side. It crushed her heart to see Hanni like that but she didn't cry. She desperately restrained her tears and held Hanni close to her, assuring her that everything was okay, that she wont left her behind no matter what.

Minji checked on Hanni whenever they weren't together. She'd text her, called her, asking Danielle how she was doing at the office and so on. She took her on many dates and gave her little surprise no matter how cheesy and cringe worthy it was. She'd stop whatever she was doing even though she was in surgery to pick her call. She'd come by Hanni's office and brought her lunch even when she had to go back to hospital in rush since she still had surgery to do. She treated Hanni with care and love, whatever she asked her, she'd do it.

She would do anything to keep Hanni with her.

They spent the new years with Minji's parents at their mansion. Hanni could perfectly hide her sorrow with her bright smile when she was with others but not with Minji. After the party was over, Hanni clutched to her like her life was depended on Minji. She silently sniffling till she was too tired and fell asleep. Minji never complained. She wont gave up through the emotional roller coaster they both experiencing.