Chapter 17

Izukus POV:

"Toshi? What are you doing out here?"
I had just wanted to go to sleep, as I saw the purple haired boy sit outside in the fields, sitting a few meters away from my window on a tree.
As I walked up to him, I realised that he was staring at something in his grip, but as I tried to glance at it, he quickly put it in his pocket.
" Go inside again, Zu."
I frowned " Are you okay, Toshi? It's starting to get cold outside, maybe you should go inside. Or I can get you a blanket?"
I tried to look him in the eyes, but he turned his face away, hiding.
What had happened?

I let myself fall down next to him and hugged him from the side "You can tell me what's going on, I won't tell anyone."
But instead of hugging me back, he flinched away.
"Go away."
"But Toshi-"
"GO AWAY."
I stumbled backwards in shock.
He shouted. He never did that. He hated to shout.
That's when I finally got a good look at his face.
Tears were pouring down his cheeks, his eyes were red and his voice rough.
He had been crying.
And not just since a few minutes.

I tried to get closer to him again, to calm him down, but he backed off again.
"Leave it, Izuku."
I should have listened to him, but again, I stepped closer.
"I SAID LEAVE IT."

"I just want to help-"
"You will go back to your room.
You will obey this very command and not come back for me today.
You will leave me alone."
And I obeyed.

He had told me he would never use his quirk on me.
But he did.
He had betrayed my trust.
And maybe I had betrayed his.

That was the first time Toshi had used his quirk on me.
We didn't talk for days after that, but I eventually apologised for not leaving him alone  when he asked me to and he apologised for using his quirk on me.

He never told me what had happened that night and I didn't ask again.
That was about two years ago.

I sat in that very room for quite a while, until I made a decision.

I made my way to the pro heroes home, but I didn't dare to knock.
What was I going to say?

Hello, how are you doing, I was kidnapped, but now I'm back and I want you to help me free my kidnapper from my kidnappers, although I am not sure if he wants to be.

I was sure that would convince them to help me.
I was about to leave again, when the door was swung open almost violently, revealing a certain, loudly shouting, blonde guy. Hizashi.
He hadn't noticed me yet.
"NO SHOUTA, I'M GOING TO THE POLICE NOW, I DON'T CARE IF HE'S BELIEVED TO BE DEAD."

He still hadn't noticed me. I could still-
His head snapped in my direction.
His eyes went wide and I took some time to notice the multiple colourful bruises decorating his skin. That probaly had hurt. I flinched.
Again, someone had been hurt because of me.
I didn't want to let that happen again.
His jaw dropped a bit and he was quiet for a while until he let out a horribly loud screeching noice that felt like it was cutting my ears.
It was a bit awkward.

Suddenly a hand covered his moth from behind, muffling the screech.
"I'm sorry, he does that sometimes."
A familiar looking tired guy appeared behind the blonde.
"I'm not sure either why-"
His eyes went wide now too and after a few seconds of even more awkward staring, he pushed aside the blonde and pulled me into a tight hug.
For a few seconds I stood frozen before returning the hug just as tight, even tough it hurt my left shoulder a bit.
"I was worried.", he whispered quietly.

"How've you been young listener?! I was worried sick! Sho too, but he'd never admit it!
But he's hugging you, so maybe he would? Eri was asking for you all the, time, even refused to leave the house since you had left!
She thought you left us because you didn't like her enough and we didn't want to tell her you had been kidnapped so we told her you were out to search for your friend!
She'a still in her room waiting for you! You want to see her?!
I could-"

The black haired man had stopped hugging me and shushed man who had started to ramble about how much they had missed him.
"Let's just get him inside and let him rest first, he seems very exhausted."
I sighed thankful, but was aware that I couldn't just take a nap now.
The fact that Toshi had not prevented me from fleeing, would probably not be very appreciated by the other members of that group and I didn't want him to get hurt because of me, so I grit my teeth and smiled.

"It's fine, I am not that tired right now. I mean, they had me locked up for quite a while, so I had plenty of time."
I chuckled nervously and hoped that they would just believe it, but even tough it didn't seem like it, they just exchanged a glance, nodded and carefully led me inside.

They let me to the couch and Hizashi sat down next to me, patting my back carefully.
"Well then, how has you kidnapping been, little listener?"