~28~

Isabella¶

"You. You knew about this, didn't you?" Shayne asked me, rising up to his feet.

"Of course not! I didn't even know he was still alive!"

"You. You are the reason why he escaped all those years ago! Remember, how you begged me to let him go? How you jumped in and took a bullet for him?!" Shayne asked in fury as he stalked for me.

I stepped back. "Shayne, believe me I say that I had no idea he was still alive. News came in that he had passed away and..Sha-Shayne, what are you doing?!"

Before I could anything else, Shayne grabbed me and pointed a gun to my head. "You know I didn't answer your question before, Antonio. Let me answer it now. Yes, we have begun. Now, let my son go or pull this trigger and end your sister right now!"

"And what makes you think I still care about her?! She took my place in GusTAV! Or have you forgotten, you bastard son of Walker!" Antonio fired back.

"And you think I care about that?! All I care about is my son! Let him go and have your sister back to do as you please."

Antonio glared hard at him. Then to me. Then to Shayne again.

"Never. You won't kill her now, would you? You love her too much to hurt even a strand on her hair, don't you?"

"Don't test my patience, Antonio." Shayne said, pressing the gun against my head.

"You don't fool me, Shayne Walker. And the little fool here can't still hurt you to free herself from you even if she could. You both are fools! Your love for each other will be the end of you both, mark my words!"

"Antonio, I no longer have feelings for Shayne." I managed to speak up. "Please. Let the boy go. I'll do anything you want, I'll be anyone you want, just please...let Ian go." I pleaded as tears rolled down my eyes.

"You've grown soft. How could you, Isabel?" Antonio said to me. "Well, whether you kill her or not, it's none of my business. But let me make this very clear, you and your son will not make it out of here alive. One bullet to him, twenty bullets to your skull. How about that?" He said and smirked.

I looked at Ian. He was duct taped, in tears and in ropes. The little child didn't deserve that suffering. Antonio will pay for torturing him like that.

"Oh really now? Well then, I've got a better idea." Shayne said and forced me down to my knees. One of Antonio's men lifted his gun the fire but Antonio lifted up a finger and he withdrew his gun.

"Mario, do it now."

"Do what now?" I asked him but he didn't respond. Just held the gun to my head and looked at Antonio.

"Do you, Shayne Walker, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife..."

Shock pumped through my body. What the hell?!

"In sickness and in health, for the richer for poorer, for better for worse as long as you both shall live?"

"Shayne? Shayne, what do you think you're doing?!" I said, slowly rising up to my feet with my hands in the air.

He glared at me. "I do."

"Do you, Isabella Gustavo, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, for richer for poorer, for better for worse, as long as you both shall live?"

"Shayne...you're not thinking straight." I said to him, looking at him as my chest heaved in shock.

"She's right. Think about what you're doing very carefully." Antonio said as he cocked his gun, pointing it at Shayne. Shayne cocked his, this time, two guns as he pointed it at me.