~6~

Isabella

"Are you okay?'' Nicole asked me as she handed over to me, a glass of water.

"I'm fine." Even though I wasn't. "How could Lucas do that to me? After everything I've done for him? After everything we've been through together?"

She plopped down close to me and sighed. ''That's life for you. You can't trust anyone. You shouldn't trust anyone. Not even me. Just take a look at Lucas, the man said you should vanish and never come back to his life. Can you believe that? And here, I was. Thinking you were like a daughter to him."

The more she kept on talking about him, the more my blood kept on boiling with rage. That pathetic loser of a man was no match for me. I would make him pay for using me.

I got up to my feet and started for the door.

"Where are you going?" Nicole's voice came up softly from behind.

I halted then slowly turned around to face her. "Go to bed. I may not be up for dinner."

"Elsa, you cannot endanger your life. No one has your back, remember?"

I bit my lip to hide my smile. "You do. Don't worry, I won't take long. I just need to see someone." I said and turned around, starting for door.

"Elsa! Elsa! I command you to stop right there! Elsa! Elsa!"

I ignored her and strode out.

~

Shayne

I watched as Eduardo gave orders to our men. It seems he was hell-bent on finding Elsa. I couldn't blame him. He had so many reasons to.

As soon as our men stomped out of my office, he crossed over to me, running his hands over the small clock on my desk. "You said you'd find her and bring her back."

"Unfortunately, I couldn't."

"You couldn't, or you didn't want to?" He asked me, his gaze firm on mine.

"What the hell do you mean by that?"

"You were kilometers away when your men found you. And precisely, you weren't alone."

"So what you're trying to tell me now, is thay I was with her, then I let her go scot-free?" I deadpanned. "You know you should try looking up in a mirror, Eddy," I rose up to my feet and towered over him. "Look yourself up in a mirror and know your place. Know your rank. And do your God damn job. Now, leave."

He went quiet for a few seconds before sighing, digging his hand through his hair. "Yes, Don." then he turned around and started walking out of my office.

"Here for another show?"

I wasn't surprised when Elsa climbed out from my window and pushed herself up into my office. "I was just pondering on how stupid I was when I didn't turn you in."

She looked round my office, giving herself a private tour round the large room. "Good thing you're still stupid. Otherwise, I wouldn't know what I'd be doing here."