~29~

Isabel¶

"What did you just say?!" Nicole couldn't believe her ears.

"I'm married to Shayne." I said, brushing tears off my face.

"Oh my god, babe, this can't be happening to you right now." Sandra said as she hugged me. "But all you wanted was just to help. How could he turn something like that against you?"

"I don't know, Sandy, I don't know. And now, he doesn't want to get divorced from me. I just don't know what to do anymore. And I don't even know how to tell Carlo about it."

"Babes, you can't possibly be thinking of telling that boyfriend of yours, are you?" Nicole asked me, regarding me with an incredulous look. "Listen, if you want to pull off your plans and make sure they're really successful, then you might as well just don't tell Carlo about it. Don't even try to breathe it to him otherwise, it's game over."

"Then what about Shayne? How do I get him to sign the divorce papers?" I said frustratedly.

"Listen babes, it's not as if it was an official wedding to begin with and secondly, wasn't Shayne your prince charming? What changed?" Nicole asked, running her hand over my back.

"Ever since I found out he has a child with Cheryl. Listen, Nicki, you haven't met Ian yet. Trust me you won't want to do anything that would hurt him when you do. And I don't want to do that either! I don't want to hurt poor Ian!"

"Aww. Look how motherly she's gotten because of poor little Ian." Sandra said with a pout. I glared at her and she laughed. "No but for real though, I think you'd make a wonderful mother."

I rolled my eyes. "No one is saying anything about being a mother. And besides, I don't even think I'd want to be a mother."

Nicole and Sandra echoed almost at the same time. "What?!"

"Look, c'mon guys, look how fucked up my life is already. You think dragging a child into this mess I call a life is the right thing to do?"

"Everyone's life has been really messy since the day we were born. You just have to...you know, learn how to balance everything up."

"I don't want to."

"Are you sure about that, Mrs. Walker?" Nicole asked with a teasing tone.

I glared at her. "Call me that again and I'd forget you're carrying my god baby inside your womb."

"Oh come on! The name kinda suits you though." Nicole said, narrowing her eyes at me.

I glared harder then smiled. "I'd rather it'd be a pig than let it be me."

Both she and Sandra burst into laughter.

Shayne¶

"The hell Shayne?!" Eduardo ranted out as I walked into my father's house. "How could you have done something like that?! You married that dead girl?!"

I halted and lifted a finger, facing him. "Call her that again and I'll take out both your eyes."

"Oh really then?! So this what?! What, love?!" He gave out a sarcastic laugh. "Shayne, you don't even know what it means to love. You're the last person I'd expect something as ridiculous as love from. That girl tried to kill you, not once not twice but several times and you're still holding onto her?!"

"Enough!" My father, Slade Walker commanded as he walked into the room. Eduardo and I immediately went silent.

"Sir, your son is..."

Dad lifted a finger. Eduardo gave a brief nod and then walked out of the room, leaving me alone with my father.

He stared at me for a moment then moved down to take a seat. "What's this, I've been hearing? That you're secretly married to a woman who murdered your uncle Gambino and several others and then made attempt on your priceless life?"