~17~

"Still awake?" Antonio asked me as he mounted back into the living room.

I squealed my head out of the blanket and nodded. "Couldn't sleep."

"Why? The colors are too dull?" A sly smile was teasing his lips as he took his seat beside my legs on the sofa.

"That. And another reason too."

"Tell me."

"I'm bored. Like this place is too fucking quiet and----"

"lonely." He finished with a smirk.

"Antonio."

"Isabel."

I never said that."

"You were about to."

"God," I groaned. "I hate you."

"I know." He took my feet and planted them on his thighs. Then slowly, he massaged it and slowly, let his fingers curl around my toes. "How was life being a criminal and never getting caught?"

I smiled. "It was fun."

"It was?"

"Yeah. But I promise the only people I ended were bad guys."

"I know."

"How come you know everything? And less I forget, there's this creepy CIA guy named Conner Walnut. I don't really know if he's telling the truth or lying but he said he's CIA. And he knows everything about me! Like when I broke my fingers---"

"You broke your fingers?!"

"Hm, that was then though. And he also knows I'm the one who murdered Finny---"

"You murdered our dog Finny?!"

Realizing that my mouth was got me into the trouble, I slapped my hand over it. "It was uncalled for. He kept chasing me around, what should I have done?!"

"But you murdered him nevertheless."

"Yup. He would have died anyway."

"Hm."

"So concerning this CIA guy...."

"You hungry? I could make you something to eat right now."

I opened my mouth to say something but I closed it. "Why do I feel as if you're trying to change the topic?"

"Am I not?"

"So you know him. You sent him. You told him stuffs about us!" I slapped his hand away from my leg and got up from the sofa.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Of course, I know Conner Walnut but I didn't send him to recruit you or any stuff like that. And most of all, I didn't tell him anything."

"Then how could he have known personal stuffs like that about me?"

"Perhaps, he knew our father before we did?"