~15~

Isabella

The meeting had started. From where I was seated, I could see Shayne and he could see me. There was no denial that he was glaring at me, daring me to do my worst. And that left me pondering on what happened between us a while ago.

There was something I had learned about Shayne. He never say words he doesn't mean. And if he said he would cut off my tongue, then eventually, he would do it. He would kiss me and then he would slice off my tongue with his teeth and swallow it then he would die. Sounds silly, doesn't it?

Shayne was seated with two men. One out of them would be the 'Don Ponego', the one with the suit. He had short hair, a few strands of grey hair and he wasn't even that tall. Skeptically, I was taller than him. He would be around 5'7 or more. There were men hovering around Shayne and the man seated close to Don Ponego was no doubt his lapdog of some sort.

After minutes of discussion, Ponego pulled out one of the boxes from earlier and handed it over to Shayne. Who in return passed it to one of his men. The man took it outside, came back with it few minutes later and whispered something in his ear.

I touched the bud in my ear. "You hear that, Conner?"

"I hear everything."

"Good." I watched as one of Shayne's men pulled out a briefcase and passed it to Ponego.

"Now, Isabel. Do it now!"

"But..."

"No buts. Do it now!"

I slapped the alarm beside me and pulled out a gun before standing up abruptly. "Everyone out now!" Everyone started for the entrance, taking off as fast as their heels could carry them.

"You two," I stared for Shayne and Ponego. "Freeze!"

Ponego got up from his chair and clutched his briefcase tightly. "And who the fuck are you?"

Without glancing at Shayne, I continued. "I'm no one and I command you to freeze this instant!"

"Take care of her."

The man standing behind him moved to clasp his hand around my gun but just before he could do it, I grabbed his arm and twisted it, flipping him over to he landed on his butt on the floor.

Shayne's men on seeing what I just did moved me quickly. They were fast, but I was faster. I scooted low, shoveled one off the ground, held one by his back and kicked his dick then elbowed another, slapping him direct into oblivion.

"What the hell?" Ponego started for me but I stopped him right on his track.

"I'll blow your brains off if you dare take another step. Try me." Shayne was rising up when my words froze him. ''Same goes for you, Mr. Walker.''

Conner Walnut and his team of people appeared in the lounge. "You're under arrest, Mr Ponego. We hope you cooperate with us otherwise you wouldn't like what we would do to you. And for your information, this isn't a cell, Ponego, there would be no escaping for you this time around."

While they were busy cuffing Ponego and taking his men away, I lowered my gaze to meet that of Shayne's who was seated and to my utmost surprise, he was no longer there. Both him and his doggies were gone. Vanished. Right out of sight.