~22~

~Isabella~

"Hey," He slammed the door shut and walked up to me.

"Hey,"

"He's asleep now. Look, I'm sorry those ridiculous questions he asked you earlier. You see, it's just when he's---"

".. he's acquainted with people he feels comfortable with, he gets inquisitive a lot. I get that. Antonio was like that too."

"And about Antonio, I haven't really gotten a chance to tell you I'm--"

"Don't, please. He died, trying to keep me safe. I know he was probably the worst brother and villain that has ever lived but...he did care about me."

"Yeah, he did." He sighed. "City Hunter. Got an explanation for that, Isabel?"

"I have no idea of what you're talking about." I said, suddenly feeling the need to disappear.

"Isabel---"

"I have to go, Shayne. Thank you for your time but I have---"

"Let me drop you off." He asked almost immediately.

"I have a driver."

"It would take a few minutes for him to get here."

"I can wait."

"You're not a patient person."

"People change. What if I've changed?"

"You'd never. If you did, your eyes wouldn't still be blue."

"You don't give up, do you?"

"I don't. Instead, I let go."

Yeah, just like you let me go. "Okay."

~*~

"Feels like old time, doesn't it?" He asked, during our drive home. Selena had taken Ian home earlier and now it was just the two of us. Two of us.

I snorted. "There was never a time you drove me home so no, it doesn't feel like old times."

"Home. Sounds good, doesn't it? The Elsa I knew doesn't usually have a home to go to. So many things have changed within these few years."

"Yeah, you don't expect them to stay the same forever, do you?" The car suddenly seemed smaller. It felt as if he was breathing in my air and that was beyond annoying.

"The only thing I guess don't change are feelings. Your feelings for someone, probably. Like when you tell someone you love them in their sleep right before you disappear into thin air. Right, Isabel?"

Okay, he started this. I clenched my teeth. "Right. And also when you tell a kid that his mother isn't the love of your life. Rather it's a mystery woman in a silly painting. Funny how things don't change, Right Shayne?"

"Right. And here I am, driving you home like it's normal whereas our lives aren't."

"You're right. And I also forgot to mention something."