[TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of suicide attempts and abuse]

  "Ugh, Len! Hurry up! We're gonna be late! Any second longer, and I'm going to leave without you!" Rin shouts from downstairs.

"We're always running late because of you! This is one time! Give me a minute!" Len barks.

  Once again, Len couldn't sleep. This was the second time his drunk father had slipped into his bed. Len wondered, had his father mistaken him for his sister? He had always shown an interest in her. Len feels dirty, but he would rather it be him than his twin sister.

  He wants to test out a theory, but that will have to wait for another day. Currently, Len is hurriedly and tiredly doing his hair. He's looking in the mirror he has in his room to make sure his hair is styled the way he likes it. He tightens his ponytail to roughly and, the hair tie snaps.

"Fuck." Len murmurs.

He looks through his drawers for any extras. As a matter of fact, these hair ties are specifically the ones Len prefers. He'd be too embarrassed to admit it. What can he say? These are just the best for his signature style.

  As Len quickly opens and shuts drawers, he stops when he sees a few bottle of pills. They were his mom's antidepressants along with other bottles Len bought from the store. He was planning on using them earlier this year.

  Well, he almost swallowed them all in one go. However, he stopped himself when he heard his father hit Rin again. Who would protect her if he was gone? He treads on the thought of leaving at times, but there are a few things that change his mind.

  "LEN!" Rin shouts at the top of her lungs.

  "I'M COMING, DAMNIT!" He hisses.

  His phone vibrates.

  [7:42] Hey, Shibuya after school right? Should I bring a change of clothes or do you want to be in our uniforms?【・ヘ・?

He thinks about it.

[7:42] Let's just stay in our uniforms ♪('ε ) it's a half day anyway! More time at Shibuya ٩( 'ω' )و!

Len finally finds a hair tie after setting his phone down. He quickly ties his hair and restyles it as best he can. Good, it looks normal. He's probably just nervous.

Although it wasn't said outright, it's a date. You two know it's a date. Also, he's planning on finally telling you everything. And to top it all off, he's planning on asking you to be his girlfriend. It's all so nerve racking, yet he's pretty excited.

Len rushes downstairs, "Sorry."

"Took you long enough!" Rin pouts.

"It's the morning. Don't fight," Their mother pleads. She hands the both of them an umbrella. "It's going to rain."

"Oh yeah! That's why you wanted me to bundle up mom!" Rin chirps.

"Len as well." She looks over to her son and pats his head.

"Rin, go along. I'll catch up. I need to talk to mom." Len says.

Rin rolls her eyes, "I can wait outside. If you take too long though, I'm gonna walk."

Rin leaves the front door. Len looks over at his mother, "I'm going to ask something rather selfish of me. What time is dad coming home? Is it late?"

His mother looks down, "I'm not sure. Why?"

"Mom, I'm not gonna be home until later today. I really wanted to go to Shibuya with a friend. I'll convince Rin to go to Miku's. Please go with an old friend. Hell, go visit Miku's mom. She's your best friend. I just don't want you home if dad is going to be here." He explains.