[TW: Detailed Abuse and mentions of Suicide Attempts]

"(Y/n)? Earth to (Y/n)!"

You blink. You shake your head. You look around the crowded cafeteria. Kids are laughing. They're too keen on their conversations. You're too out of it to pay attention to your own.

  "I'm fine."

  "Jesus," Miku hunches forward towards you. She playfully waves her hand in front of you. "You've been acting really weird these past few days. Or more like weeks. You good? I could take you to the nurses office, so you can get some rest."

  "Yeah, you have been acting weird? Is something going on?" Rin asks.

  "It's just," You look down at your hands. Come on, come up with a good lie. You smile nervously, "College entrance exams. I've been studying like crazy."

  "Dude, don't worry. We have until January! It's only the second week of November!" Rin cheers.

  "Right, don't come crying to me either when you try to cram at the last minute." Len says as he takes another bite from his food.

  You had actually convinced Len to come sit at your table when you were in the past. You were adamant at it, and it probably annoyed him. In the end, who cared? Len was in your view, and you were going to attack anyone who bothered him.

  "Oh shut up, Len! No, you have to!" Rin tugs on her twin brother's hand aggressively.

  You want to rub your eyes. It felt so weird seeing Rin like this. Not too long ago, you saw her have a mental breakdown in the present. This somehow fucked with your head too. That's why you're so out of it.

  "Ow! Will you stop that?! Why do I have to anyway?!" Len snaps.

  "The room thing. Plus, I'll feed Melon for a month if you do." Rin bargains.

  Room thing?

  "Room thing?" Miku questions.

  "We switched rooms last week because my lock got busted." Replies Rin.

  "Wait, why would Len have to tutor you if he made you switch rooms?" Miku raises a brow.

  Rin starts, "Len just wanted-"

  "It's not that big of a deal. Drop it." Len cuts her off.

  Miku tilts her head, "It just doesn't make sen-"

  "I said drop it, dude." Len says sternly.

  You all stare at each other awkwardly. You continue eating your food. Len looks a bit upset at the conversation that just happened. You awkwardly clear your throat.

  "How's Melon, anyway?" You try changing the topic about their cute orange cat.

  "He's good! Didn't you see him on Halloween night?" Rin asks.

  "He was in mom's room." Len answers.

  You still wonder what happened to their mom, but it was best not to ask. It's not your business. It's rude, especially considering you're in public.

  "Speaking of Halloween night," Miku says before munching on a piece of tonkatsu. "I heard what you two dumbasses did."

  "There are three of us." You say.

  Miku says in a baby voice, "Our little jelly beans caused a scene."

  "Hey," Len puts his hand up in defense. He points at you, and he lets out a small chuckle. "She threw a drink at Meiko and spit on Kaito."