The Final Ride

(MAY BE SOME MISTAKES BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ BEFORE POSTING!)

I anxiously put the headset on, and immediately fall into the same trance I once had the first time I put it on.

According to plan, I suddenly pop into the digital world I know so well. But this time, there's no theme song or anything when I appear. I'm just in my room. I glance around, and notice my eerie drawings on the wall.

"Huh.. Got a little too silly.." I comment. I start to chuckle a bit, but shake my head and tell myself mentally it's not the time for laughs. At least not right now.

I walk over to my door and twist the handle. Surprisingly, it isn't locked or anything.

I peep my head out to see if anyone's there.

Huh. No one.

I start trodding down the hall, and for a few minutes, I don't see anyone. That is until I reach the main room where you usually appear after putting the headset on.

Everyone's looking pretty solemn. Even Zooble and Jax. I'm actually surprised. Everyone has the same exact expressions from when I was put with the other abstracted.

By the looks of it, Caine's assigning an adventure.

"Now, you only have till about 3 hours, and you can tell by looking at the digital watch my very kind self has given yo-"

He suddenly stopped talking. Ragatha turned around and stared directly at me, her mouth gaping.

Zooble did the same, and her eyes widened for a moment but she shook her head.

"Wow. Way to rub it in, Caine. What made you think it was a good idea to make Y/N into an NPC?" She narrowed her eyes, glaring back at Caine.

Caine started stuttering, scratching his head in confusion, but I heard another voice.

Kinger's.

"N/N?" He called out, but there was skepticism in his voice because I assumed he too thought I was an NPC.

There was silence for a second before I spoke too.

"Kinger!" I shrieked, bolting towards him and embracing him in a tight hug.

While me and Kinger were reuniting and having a moment, I heard Jax. But unlike any other time, I was actually interested in what he had to say.

"Wait, so if this is the real Y/N, does this mean-"

"I-i'm not entirely sure. I never knew what happened to the abstracted. I think it's best if Y/N tells their story." Caine cuts him off.

The next second, all eyes are on me and I stop hugging Kinger.

"Well, uh, after I was sent into the cellar, I woke up in a hospital. I guess I kind of, uh, broke out? I went to my house and found the headset still lying there because that's where I first put it on. Then I just put it on again and ended up here." I chuckle awkwardly and shrug.

Everyone is in a state of shock. Caine has this sort of guilty look on his face. I notice this and immediately start talking again, but this time, directly to him.

"So you did know we could get out of here, but yet you never offered to help us do it? And kept it a secret?" I accuse.

Caine sighs and takes his little top hat off.

"Yes, I admit I did some wrong things.. But for a good reason-! I think?- Before you all, everyone kept on abstracting and leaving- and it was a little bit lonely here. I couldn't stand it, so that's why I have you all do adventures to keep your sanity so you don't leave." He glances away.

"Well, you could make up for that by getting us out of here. Maybe if we can get out, you can?" I suggest.

This seems to excite Caine and give him at least an ounce of hope.

"Okay, okay, everyone, on my count, jump into the cellar. Okay? 1-"

"Wait, how are we all gonna find each other when we leave?" Ragatha questions.

"I'd be insane if I wanted to meet you all out of this game." Zooble scoffs and rolls their eyes. I know they don't mean that, though.

"We'll find a way." I assure everybody, and not wanting to waste any more time, I nod to Caine, signaling we're ready.

Caine seems to get the message and opens up the hole to the cellar again.

"1, 2, 3- JUMP!" He shouts, and we all jump at the same time, followed by some screams and shouts.

A/N: Hope you liked this chapter? One more and then the story will be.. drumroll please...

FINISHED!

But I do think i'll do some little chapters after that, like bonus scenes. I'm so thankful for every one of you. I remember when the story had 12 reads and no votes at all :')
Like, follow and comment if you can!