Consequences: Part 1

You know the whole falling asleep under Kinger ordeal? The second I woke up and found out he kind of rolled off of me but was still sleeping, I immediately got up and zoomed off. He doesn't need to know what happened last night.. Kind of embarrassing in my opinion.

So now here I am, in my room, investigating more about a way out. I've been talking to Pomni more today and we host little meetings.

..It's just us though because no one cares enough to join.

"Ok, so uhm, we're officially not gonna try and escape through the cellar, right?" Pomni asks me.

"Yeah. That's way too risky and I don't think it's even a way out now. Kaufmo was just a bit silly at the time and said random things." I chuckled, crossing the cellar off on my little notebook.

"So now, we're gonna try and go through the exit you did, except try and get farther than the void. If there even is something farther than the void.." I add.

"Okay, then! I'll see you later?" Pomni gets up and stands by my door.

"Yeah. See you later!" I smile and she walks out, shutting the door behind her.

To be honest, I don't know how she's not creeped out at the slightest bit of me because of my room. It's overall a mess because I don't sleep in it often, which is what you're SUPPOSED to do because it's called your room, and my walls are very questionable. They're even creepier than before because I guess i've been sleep walking or something because there's even more writing and drawing on it.

But it's totally something that I shouldn't worry about.

I put my stuff away and exit my room, walking calmly at a slow pace down the hall. Because of my speed, I take notice of things I haven't seen before.

There's A TON of doors with others just like us with X's on them. There's so many that it makes me shiver. It reminds me of when Ragatha said everyone eventually abstracts sooner or later.

This makes me a bit sad at the thought of losing one of my friends. Especially Kinger.

Jax can go rot in a hole.

Anyways, I eventually get to the end of the hall and start walking down another, looking for the exit that Pomni found. I'm probably not gonna find it, but it doesn't hurt to do it anyways, right? Also, I get my steps in.

Wait.. I don't think staying active even matters  because we're just.. pixels.

Huh. Well, you learn something new every day, am I right?

I get really deep in thought and don't pay attention to where i'm walking and accidentally run into something.

"Ow! What the-" I rub my head and look back up.

Exit?

I don't even hesitate and immediately twist the handle, walking in.

It's... just a bunch of halls. I run through over a dozen, but it's just the same thing over and over.

Seeing no point in this, I try and turn back but no matter how many halls I pass, I never get to the door back to the circus.

"Oh..! I get it.. Was this just some prank to see if I actually thought there was an exit?" I glance around, desperately, hoping i'd see something other than THE SAME. STUPID. HALL!

I stand there for a second, trying to listen for a response but I unsurprisingly don't get one.

I sit down, and stare out into the distance, waiting for something. Anything, really, because it's been a few hours and i'm still here. You'd think at least Caine would notice.

Eventually, I get up and run as hard as I can, going down the halls again. I get tired, but I don't stop. Maybe all my efforts wouldn't be wasted and i'd end up home again. I had a dog, right? I don't remember its name...

But then it hits me. My sprint slows into a jog, a pace, then a slow walk. I then stop, standing idly.

I'm not getting out of this dingy place.
Not ever.
We're all stuck here until we abstract, whether we like it or not.
I'm most likely gonna stay in this hall for all eternity till I finally go cuckoo.

I start laughing hysterically, tears running down my face (Hey, I know Y/N literally has a TV for a head, well, some Y/N's because some people changed their appearance but just imagine it, OK?) because of how hard i'm laughing.

A/N:
Hiya! Sorry that this chapter was delayed. I COULD'VE given you a chapter on Saturday and Sunday but it would've been really cruddy ones because I just didn't feel like it and didn't have an important thing needed to make the chapters: MOTIVATION!✨
But anyways, hope you liked this chapter. It's gonna be divided into two parts because it's late and this chapter is really short and I hate to end it at only 800 something words. Hope you enjoyed!

If you can, like, comment and follow!