Blame

Kinger and I were talking for who knows how long. Ever since the Kaufmo incident, i've been spending most of my time with him in his little pillow forts.

"So how am I supposed to get rid of this, uh.. glitchy arm again?" I look worriedly at Kinger, then back at my arm.

Quick A/N!
For clarification, Kaufmo was glitching because he was becoming abstracted. And in the pilot, his abstracted form was kind of glitchy? So uh, I just went with that.

"I dunno. Want to play rock paper scissors?" Kinger makes a scissor with two fingers.

"No, Kinger! We need to find out how to get rid of it! Because yesterday, you told me if they saw my arm, they'd figure out Kaufmo abstracted, then it'd be even harder to exit BECAAUSE??"

Kinger just stares at me with his bloodshot blue eyes.

I facepalm and answer my own question.

"Kaufmo said that the exit has abstracted in it! It'll be even harder for us to escape if there's an additional abstracted in it!!" I yell, but immediately after I regret it because I remember that the pillow fort we're in is in the open. IN THE CIRCUS!

"Oh, right! Why don't we just ask the others to help you get rid of the glitchy arm?" He points at my arm.

"Ok, you know what? We'll talk about it later." I grumble. He literally just asked something I JUST explained.

"Ok. Bye." I say through clenched teeth, and grab at a specific pillow to exit. It starts aggressively glitching and I back away from it.

"Sorry, Kinger. Wrong hand." I chuckle awkwardly and use my other hand to move another pillow.

I wave goodbye to Kinger and as soon as I turn around Jax is face-to-face with me. Well, he's kind of bending down because i'm shorter. I'm not even that short! Rude.

"Having a slumber party with Kinger in there, huh?" He raises an eyebrow, placing a hand on his hip and admiring his nails again.

"It's not like that! We were just talking because.. he invited me in." I glare at him, and attempt to walk past but stops me again and cautiously grabs my glitchy arm. Well, not directly on the glitchy part because I guess he knew what'd happen if he did.

"Hey! Let me go!" I snap at him, not really having any patience for Jax.

"I'll do it when I want to, short stack. Anyways.. I know what happened with Kaufmo." He says with a sly grin.

"Wha- how do you know about what happened to him?!" I say in panic mode.

"You just told me." Jax chuckles and lets me go.

"Really not cool to lie to your friends, hm?" He grabs a key from his pocket and examines it. I immediately realize it's the key to Kaufmo's room.

"Hey- give me that!" I say, lunging for the key but he dodges to the side.

"Another move and i'll tell everyone you and Kinger lied. Your arm, too." He threatens.

I slump down in shame as he begins talking again.

"Ha! You give up real easy. Anyways, i'm out." He chuckles and walks off.

I stare in disbelief. Did he just threaten me for no reason? I notice he still has the key out and is swinging it on his finger. I'd easily be able to snatch it from him.. But then he might tell everyone about Kaufmo?

Everyone would believe me over him, right?

I speedily run towards him grabbing the key before taking off.

Jax yelps in surprise and runs after me, tackling to the ground. Crap!

He attempts to grab the key out of my hand, but I punch him with the glitchy arm. Wait, shoot, I meant to do it with the other one! He practically jumps off of me, and half of his face is glitching. I run to my room, key secure in my hand and lock myself inside.

"I have the key.. but at what cost?" I murmur and stare at my hands. They're glitchy and bloody.

Did I really punch Jax that hard?

Everyone's gonna hate me!

"What will Ragatha think?!" I blurt out, and my pupils shrink as I start to shake and glitch violently, slumping down and sitting in the corner of my room, my face buried in my knees.

*          *          *          *         *         *         *          *

It's been a few hours, and i've gotten worse. Just Kinger has been at my door a few times, telling me about insect collections and asking me the same question, "Why don't you just tell them?" from the outside.

I finally decide to get up from the floor and look at myself in the mirror. I don't think I mentioned I have a mirror in my room..

What I see causes me to shake. The glitching was now to my shoulder, too. I feel really light-headed and it actually hurts a little bit.

I cautiously unlock my door and peer around. The first thing I notice is Kinger's pillow fort next to my door.. Did he really move it all this way-?

Through a little hole in the fort, I glance inside and he's napping, murmuring things about bugs.

I chuckle to myself and lean all my weight on the wall, shuffling awkwardly down the hall because by the time I stopped (creepily) staring at Kinger, the pain got so bad it hurt to stand and walk.

I finally got to the main hall and saw Caine magically fix Jax's glitching. The others crowded around him, saying stuff I couldn't hear. I hide behind a wall and glare. Thankfully, I don't think anyone saw me.

I struggle to walk back and when I arrive in front of my door, I give Kinger's fort a glance before walking into my room, locking the door and passing out on the floor to take a well-needed nap myself.

A/N:
Well, I guess you got beef with everyone except Kinger now!

..Not just Jax.

Thank you to those who've been constantly commenting on the past chapters! It makes me really happy to read what you have to say and gives me motivation to write more!

What do you think the others will think of you now?

Ya think Kinger and you have something going on or are you just friends?

If you're able to, follow like and comment!

Hope you enjoyed! Next chapter will be out soon! :D