What's With Kaufmo?

I wake up to the sound of someone banging on my door. I remember that i'm still stuck in this game and get kind of grumpy.

"Hey, Y/N! Are you in there? It's me, Ragatha!" A familiar voice calls out from the outside and I sit up, walking over to the door and opening it. And not to my surprise, it's Ragatha.

"How'd you sleep? Did you settle in nice?"

"Did Jax bother you?"

"BECAUSE IF HE DID-" Feeling as if she's working herself up, I cut her off.

"He didn't. It's OK." I reassure her, and we both head to the room everybody was in earlier. Everyone's in there.

...Except Kaufmo.

"Looks like sleeping beauty finally woke up!" Jax snickers, staring at me and Ragatha.

"Don't mind him. Anyways, anyone see Kaufmo? He disappeared the other day and now he's uh, not here." She chuckles and looks at everyone individually, waiting for a response.

"No? Well-"

Caine suddenly appears very close in front of me and Ragatha, causing us both to jump back in surprise. CREEEEPY!!

"That's your adventure today! Find Kaufmo!!! He might be sleep beautying right now, or.. Y'know what? Let's not get into that. Go find Kaufmo!" Caine bossily points towards the hall of rooms, probably signaling for us to go and check his room first incase he's sleeping in.

We all walk together, and because I feel as if I should get to know the others, I first walk to the one known as Gangle.

"I like your mask." I say, trying to seem nice.

"My other mask looks better.. But Jax ruined it. Waaahaaaaha!!" She bursts into tears, using her ribbon hands to cover her face. (or mask.)

I awkwardly walk away from her, joining Ragatha's side. I give her a, "What did I do wrong?" look as I realize she was watching me and Gangle the whole time.

"Don't worry about it. Gangle's like that.." She murmurs, and we all walk in silence for the rest of time until we get to the hall.

Everyone crowds around Kaufmo's door as Ragatha knocks on it. The door creaks open the tiniest bit. Ragatha peeks inside, but doesn't see anyone.

"I think we should all split up and look in different places for Kaufmo. Kinger and Y/N will look in his room, me and Jax will look around in the other parts of the circus, Gangle will check out the digital carnival and Zooble check the digital lake.

Everyone starts to clear out, and it's just me and Kinger now.

"Well, I guess we should go inside Kaufmo's room now?" I say, and Kinger slowly looks at me and screams.

"AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUHHHH!"

I flinch and give him a confused look.

"Oh, sorry, forgot you were there." Kinger replies simply and walks inside Kaufmo's room like nothing happened.

"....Okay then?" I follow him in, and we glance around. The walls are very creepy, as the words, "exit", and "no way out" are painted on the wall. Out of curiosity, I glance over at Kinger and open my mouth to speak, hoping he won't randomly scream again.

"Do you know anything about an exit to this place?" I ask, almost quietly as if i'd get in trouble for asking or mentioning anything on the subject.

I was expecting to hear Kinger reply to my question, but instead I hear a new voice.

"I've found one. But it's filled with the abstracted,"

As if on cue, me and Kinger both scream. I know anyone would scream in a situation like this, but what is it with Kinger and his screaming? Totally unnecessary.

The door locks and some dim light from what i'm assuming is a candle somewhat lights up the room.

"Uh.. You're Kaufmo right? That means we completed the adventure, or whatever, and we should be going now!" I laugh nervously, and turn around to exit the room. Kinger follows, but we realized it's locked.

"Kaufmo- could ya let us out? Pretty please with a bow on it?" I say through clenched teeth, smiling VERY nervously as I aggresively try to turn the door handle.

"If you know something about an exit, you're not leaving." He replies eerily.

Kinger is silent the whole time but I guess we both noticed Kaufmo glitching. I also notice he has the key in his hand.

Not wanting to spend any more time in this weirdo's room, I lunge at Kaufmo, snatching the key out of his hands and quickly unlocking the door. Both me and Kinger make a run for it, but Kaufmo tries to grab me by the arm. Thankfully, he tripped and only touched my arm. It begins glitching badly but I ignore it and as soon as me and Kinger are out of the room, I lock Kaufmo in there. Best if no one else tries to go in there...

"K-Kinger.. What's happening to my arm?" I stutter, and he looks at me as if I committed a crime.

"Okay, er, don't mention that to ANYBODY. Except Caine. Maybe.. And uh, especially the Kaufmo glitching part. Everyone'll freak out." He says, a hint of panic in his voice.

"Could you help me get rid of it?- OR HIDE IT-" I ask nervously as I see the others walking over to us.

"Okay, okay! Act calm!" Kinger says and he awkwardly stands in front of my arm. As if that's gonna do anything...

"Did you guys find Kaufmo in there?" Ragatha asks, kind of confused as Kinger stands in front of one of my arms and my other is behind my back, hiding the key since I don't have pockets.

"Uh.. Yeah! BUT, uh- no one can go in there!!" I blurt out.

"Yeah. Kaufmo wants alone time." Kinger adds, making the story more believable.

There's aggressive banging on the other side of the door, and both me and Kinger kind of shrink, sweating really badly.

Ragatha squints at us and the door, but shrugs it off. PHEW!

"Well, I guess the adventure's over then! Come on, every time we complete one we have a digital feast."

Me and Kinger both look at each other before following the group. Before we enter the room we're having the "digital feast" in, Kinger pulls me aside.

"Remember what I said. Don't mention anything. And you know that thing he said about the abstracted? He's glitching because he's becoming one. It's what happens to you when you finally go insane in this wicked place." He tells me and I nod, wondering how i'd take care of my arm as i'm not sure if I should tell Caine and what i'd do with the key.

In the end, after the feast, I ultimately decide to drop it in a random hall. I know it was stupid, but I went back to where I dropped it and it was gone. So uh, no going back. No one found out about my arm, either, so I guess it's good. Me and Kinger are kind of close now, too? I guess you could consider it a good day, besides being stuck in here and all.

A/N:
Hi! Hope you liked the drama in this chapter! You interacted with some of the characters besides Ragatha and Jax. Sorry if you're reading this in the future and Kaufmo is totally out of character. This is because I published this when the pilot episode came out, and we didn't really get to see Kaufmo's true personality.

What do you think's gonna happen to your arm?

What are your thoughts on Kaufmo??

Comment, like and follow!!