Abstracted

Still in Pomni's POV!

"Oh shi-" I murmured, glancing at Jax running away and Kinger literally just standing there. Y/N was WAY bigger than Kaufmo abstracted.

Not wanting to leave Kinger like I did with Ragatha when I first came, I swiftly grabbed him by his hand, awkwardly because he didn't have arms or wrists. Then I started running for dear life.

Y/N immediately began chasing us, destroying anything in their way.

I sharply take a turn in hopes of losing Y/N and it works. Now, it seems like they're tracking down Jax.. Meh, what's more important is that I find the others and make sure they don't get hurt.

But first, I should check in with Kinger..

"Er.. Kinger, you alright?" I turn and nervously wave my hand in front of his eyes. He's staring creepily into the distance.

"I can't do this again.." He murmurs. This confuses me.

"What?"

"First Queenie, now Y/N." He says, a bit louder this time, and clenches his fists tightly.

"C-calm down! I'm sure we can figure something out. It'd be even worse if you abstracted, too. Try not to go more insane than you already are-" I tell him. Boy, that was really bad. I'm not a good comforter. Or therapist.. Whatever you want to call it.

But unfortunately, my words are not effective and I don't think I got through to him. He begins murmuring things I can't hear.

I sigh, grabbing him again and cautiously looking for Ragatha. She's the first i'd go to besides from Y/N.

Because uh..

They abstracted.

After roaming carefully for awhile, not wanting to get found by Y/N, me and Kinger, well, just me because i've been leading him this entire time, find Ragatha.

I anxiously tell her everything, and she has the same reaction as Kinger. I notice her efforts of trying to stay calm though, because she always acts more like a mom than any of us.

"Ah.. Uh, okay.. Do you know where Y/N went?" She inquires, looking me in the eyes, trying to sound confident. Or the opposite of frightened.

"They're running the path Jax took.. It seems like they're targeting him." I say.

I can tell she's trying to look super concerned now but quickly drops the act. Nobody likes Jax. Not even the peace-keeper, Ragatha.

"Okay.. I'll go and get Caine. You two keep them distracted, okay?" She looks at both of us.

Me and Kinger nod and agree in unison and start walking where we saw Y/N head last.

...It's been a good while, and neither of us started a conversation yet. Not a thing i'm good at, but it's better than awkward silence.. Hopefully this doesn't end badly like it just did a few minutes ago.

"So... Kinger.. I bet you weren't expecting Y/N out of all people to abstract, huh? ...Heh... Eh...." I shrink down as I notice I only made him upset and tense.

..Again.

"I thought i'd be next before they came, really. But not long after, I changed my mind. They kind of made this whole thing less miserable..." He murmurs, staring sadly down at the ground while we walk.

"Who's Queenie, if you don't mind?-" I ask, but he suddenly stops walking as I trudge on. I finally halt and stare back at him with confusion. When I finally notice he's looking at something behind me, I glance back and it's... eugh. Jax running towards us- OH WAIT- HOLY CRAP!

Y/N is running angrily at us. Jax runs past us, not even acknowledging our presence. Well, actually, i'd ignore him too if I was being chased by an abstracted.. But still, it's Jax, so it's basically being rude.

I run away, but groan and almost pull out my eyeball when I notice Kinger is frozen in place.

AGAIN.

I run back, and snatch him in time to run and take a left. Y/N is focused on us now that Jax is out of sight. I immediately spot Ragatha waving at us from afar. She doesn't look very concerned anymore so she probably told Caine.

...Hopefully.

Y/N growls a low growl once again, and slowly stalks up on us before getting up really close and towering over us. All me and Kinger do is just stare silently up at them.

A voice begins speaking. And I don't know why, but i'm glad it isn't Caine's voice.

..It's too soon to say goodbye.

"You know, Queenie's abstraction hit me really hard. I didn't think I could find another like her. But then you showed up. And quick as you came, you're abstracted now, too. I know for sure I won't be able to find another. It's just the same cycle over and over."

The now abstracted Y/N flinches and backs up, becoming a nervous wreck and glitching badly but Caine suddenly pops into existence and snaps his fingers and they suddenly levitate.

"Time to join the others, Y/N! I was actually starting to like you. That's really unfortunate." He comments, and teleports us ALL to where the hole to the cellar is located, even Gangle and Zooble, who weren't- well, probably weren't even involved in this mess.

Caine levitates them above the hole and gives us all a chance to say goodbye.

But no one ever said anything. They just all solemnly stared down at the ground, not daring to even make the smallest sound.

Zooble and Gangle were just getting to ACTUALLY know Y/N, and then this suddenly happens without them knowing.

But what I don't want to admit is that I wasn't saying anything, either. I tried to speak, but nothing came out of my mouth. A mix of mostly negative emotions silenced me.

"No one wants to say anything? Well, alrighty! I have something to say! Buh-bye, Y/N! Time to go join the others! It was fun while it lasted." He says, and just before Y/N is submerged in the darkness with the other abstracted, we all suddenly hear a voice we thought we'd never hear again.

"...WAIT, NO-!"

A/N:
haha imagine being left on a cliffhanger couldn't be me 😎