So... This is Part of the Game?

I randomly pop into what I assume is the VR game. I'm in the same position, on the ground. I lift my head up and immediately, I see seven odd-looking characters staring at me.

"What the-?" I give a disgusted look as I notice some of the odd features they have.

"Wow! A new person has entered!" I hear an annoying voice and look up, seeing... What even is that? A tooth.. With a hat?

"Ugly as-" I attempt to comment, still thinking this was part of the game.

"Nope! Let's NOT say any of that!" The tooth, or whatever, cuts me off and I glare at him.

"Anything not kid-friendly is not welcome in The Amazing Digital Circus!!" He shouts out, and I ignore him, turning my head to stare at the other characters.

There was a.. weird-looking clown, a rather pretty doll thing that looked like Raggedy Anne, a smug-looking rabbit to which I knew by just looking at him that I would NOT like him, A chess piece, a ribbon thingy with a mask, and another character who looked like my childhood drawings...

I look back at the tooth guy, and I attempt to swear again just to be mean. Well, I don't do this normally but i'm in a bad mood and this guy annoys me for no particular reason.

"┍¢ˆ« ≤æ¢. Wait- ϐµ°ı- What?? No swearing?"

"Yeah, uh, afraid we can't have any of that revolting stuff come out of anyone's mouth! Anyways-" The tooth guy gets a taste of his own medicine when the rabbit interrupts him.

"Hah, I remember when I could swear.." He laughs.

"Shut up, Jax. No one wants to hear you." I hear another voice, but i'm unsure who said it because some of them don't even have mouths.

"ANYWAYS, I'm gonna give newbie here a tour, then fun begins!" He quickly grasps my arm and we go flying out of the circus tent. I scream bloody murder, and I catch the "Jax" guy snickering at me.

Now, we're infront of the tent and the tooth guy starts speaking again. Urgh.

"This is where you'll live for the rest of your life! Adventure happens in there. Adventures that may or may not result in death, trauma, insanity- You'll also be sharing the tent with your new friends! Fun, right?!?!" The guy says so quickly that I can't register the information he just said. I just nod, awkwardly.

"Also, i'm Caine, and we'll determine your name later!" He blurts out and flies with me elsewhere. There's a fairground and a lake. Not much to it, so I ask,

"Is there, uh.. Anything else there is to do?"

"Oh! Right! Thanks for reminding me dear!" He teleports us to this white void, and it kind of unsettles me.

"This is the void. We don't really come out here." He whispers the last part. Creepy.

"No one knows what's out here."

"..Not even me."

Okay, not only is this guy really annoying, but he's really creepy too. The WORST combination. Reminds me of that guy at my last job. Considering, um, I just got fired.

He brings us back inside the tent.

"Before we start the very exciting, maybe traumatic ADVENTURE, we gotta get this new person a name!" Caine says enthusiastically.

Out of nowhere, this huge slot machine that reminds me of those gambling machines appears in the room with numerous letters on it. Caine pulls the lever.

"Whaddya think of Dhgbk?"

I stare in disbelief for a second. What kind of name was that?

"Uh.. No thanks."