18

Three days passed by, and neither Jashn forced Madira to talk to him nor Amrit nor Rahil asked Mihir to talk to Madira.

Both of them needed time to think about what they were doing with their lives and make their decisions with a presence of mind instead of acting on impulse.

Mihir had been awfully silent for being the loudest person in the house and to say everyone wasn't feeling weird with the change would be an understatement, Roop was very disappointed with his lack of presence at the dining table.

He would bring her a plate of fruits every day ever since he got to know about his future niece or nephew, but for the past three days, she was left awaiting his arrival.

"How's the search for the new assistant going?" Jashn asked, keeping his feet up on Amrit's desk only to get hit by a reduction scale, "Oww, that shit hurts, you know that right?" Jashn frowned, keeping his feet down.

"Stop disturbing me."

"Aw, don't act like a pissed girlfriend now, I'm sorry I missed our coffee date but I'm here now and that's-"

"We had a meeting." Amrit interrupted, "That I had to handle alone now should I handle the rest of the project alone too, no?"

"I know I should've been there, I'm sorry but Madira is more important to me." Jashn frowned, "She booked the tickets." He told Amrit, as he got up.

"You need to knock some sense into her or I'm glad to help if it's not working with you alone," Amrit said, his whole focus on working on the sketch.

"I know...She needs to talk to him, locking herself in the room isn't the solution." He replied, "I've talked to her, I know what she did was wrong but there's only a limit I can scold her to." He sighed.

"Don't push her too much."

"I know, I'm trying. I want to make her realise her mistake but at the same time I don't want her to start hating herself." Jashn replied.

"Can I talk to her?" Amrit asked.

Jashn looked at him, before nodding, "Sure."

Amrit looked up from the vellum paper, "Leave?" He frowned.

"Why should I leave? I want to be here, I wanna listen." Jashn replied, "You didn't let me talk to Mihir when he took out Madira." He pointed out.

"Yeah? You told me when you took out Ishani? At least you knew, be grateful." Amrit replied, "Get out now and don't you dare say anything to Mihir."

"Please? I love it when he gets scared of me." Jashn pouted, "It's cute watching him, of all people get nervous."

"Not even Roop or Avni got him to talk to them for the last three days, what makes you think he'll even glance at you?" Amrit asked, "Out now."

"I was thinking about talking about my marriage with Ishani but Madira ruined all my plans." He frowned, "You think anyone will agree this soon?" He asked.

"Kitni baatein hain tere paas?" Amrit huffed.
(Do you ever stop talking?)

"I hate you," Jashn said as he walked out of the office, Amrit took a seat on the chair, taking out his phone from his pocket before opening Madira's number.

...

"Where's he?" Madira asked, making Roop pause momentarily as she looked at Madira in confusion.

"Hiii, how are you?" Roop asked.

"I'm... where's Mihir?" Madira asked impatiently, looking behind to spot him only to find the sofa full of random plushies.