13

"Would you rather-"

"No. Not this again." She kept a hand over his mouth, not letting him speak. His questions got weirder every time and to say she was tired would be an understatement.

Mihir licked her hand, making her pull her hand away immediately as she made a face, wiping her hand on his shirt.

"That was very ew of you." She said, her nose still scrunched up as she scooted away from him.

"My questions are interesting, you're just salty that you can't come up with good questions." He rolled his eyes, pulling her back by her arm to where she was, this time probably closer than before as their arms touched with one another.

"They aren't. They are very...weirdly distinguished." She replied, stuffing popcorn in her mouth as she dipped her hand in his bowl, her empty one lying on the table.

"Yes, they are." He turned to face her.

"They are not. Now focus on the movie, I won't explain the plot to you again." She frowned.

"That movie's boring. Talk to me." He replied, completely turning to her as he stopped bothering to even look at the TV screen anymore.

She didn't reply, turning her gaze back to the TV screen when she felt his fingers on her chin, turning her face back towards him, her cheeks slowly turning pink as their eyes met.

He poked her cheeks, making her realise that she was supposed to be chewing the popcorn in her mouth as a low laugh escaped his lips.

"You look like a squirrel." He told her.

"You look like a chimpanzee." She replied, taking another fistful of popcorn from his bowl.

"Aww, thank you." He replied, "But don't you think a squirrel and a chimpanzee make a weird couple?" He asked.

She chose not to say anything, the idea of them being a couple was enough to make her zip her mouth shut, the words coming out of his mouth were just like extra chocolate chips in her cookie.

"No." She whispered after a moment of silence.

After spending the whole day walking around the museums and aesthetic cafes, both of them ended up at her apartment, deciding to spend the rest of the evening watching movies.

Two boring movies and a takeout later, they still couldn't find a good movie to watch.

"I'll get going now." He got off the couch, straightening up as he dusted his clothes, kissing the sleeping Oreo on the sofa in front of them, he picked up his phone and car keys from the table as he started to walk out.

Following him out, she stopped as he did too, "It's late..." She commented, shifting from one foot to another as she played with her fingers.

"I'm aware."

"Your parents must be waiting for you." She added.

"I'm aware." He replied, shifting closer to her.

Her hand reached for his shoulder before their skin made any contact, her heartbeat rising with every passing second.

"May I kiss you?" He asked, his fingers touching her chin as he made her look up at him.

"It's...it's me...you know that right?" She whispered as she felt his breath on her lips, her words making him pause.

"Madira..."

"I don't want you to regret it later." She said, stealing her gaze from his.

"Why would I..." He trailed off, realising why she was saying that, "I don't know if you'll believe me or not...you mistook my words. Completely." He shook his head.