09

A lot of you people said you were having confusion about their living arrangements in the last chapter so I'll clear it out, Jashn and Madira don't live with their parents. They have their apartments while Mihir lives with his family.
If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.
...

He woke up earlier than usual the next day, not feeling sleepy right after waking up, instead, he went to the gym, took a shower, and finished his morning routine and still had an hour to spare.

Every few minutes his eyes wandered off to the clock on the wall, only to get disappointed as the hours he thought were passing turned out to be a few minutes only.

A knock on the door made him get up, answering the door, he saw Amrit standing there, clicking the lock of his wristwatch.

"Bhai?"

"Did you steal Roop's stuffed frog?" He asked.

A frown appeared on his face as he looked at him incredulously, "Why would I even do that? She has a stuffed frog?" He asked.

"You gave that on her birthday." Amrit deadpanned.

"Oh right. Maine bohot saare gifts diye the, bhool gaya to kya hogya?" He huffed, "Maine nahi churaya." He added.
(Oh right, I gave her a lot of gifts, so what if I forgot?)/(I didn't steal it)

"Look for it then."

"Why should I look for it?" Mihir frowned, "Aap dhoondo jaakar."
(You should go and look for it.)

"I've looked for it all over our room, she's crying for it. Help me or I'll cancel your paid leaves." Amrit warned, "Right now."

"I hate you. So much." He grumbled, walking past him.

The first place he went to was the library, being sure that he might find the toy there only and he turned out to be right. He turned to walk out when Amrit snatched it from his hands.

"Oh hello? Dhoonda maine aur hero aap banoge?" He asked, snatching it back.
(Oh hello? I found it and you're the one who wants to take the credit?)

"Weren't you getting late?" Amrit asked.

"Aren't you getting too smart with me?" Mihir countered.

"Go away." Amrit replied, trying to snatch the frog back.

"Nahi jaunga." Mihir pulled it harder.
(I won't.)

In the battle of push and pull, both of them ended up ripping a hand and the leg of the frog, pausing momentarily as his broken body fell down, the stuffed cotton bleeding out of the frog.

Mihir dropped the leg in Amrit's hand, walking away from there but he held his shirt.

"Aaai." He yelled dramatically, "Chachi bhai maar rahe hain." He called out loudly only to realize the ladies of the house weren't at home.
(Chachi bhai is hitting me.)

"Ruk tu, fir jhoot bhi nahi bolna padega." Amrit threw away the leg and foot, wrapping an arm around Mihir's neck.
(Just wait, you won't have to lie then.)