01

She looked at him, a soft smile on her face.

She was supposed to be paying attention to the budget he was presenting for the next project but her focus was on the man more than the screen.

Jashn kicked her calf, making her tear her gaze away from Mihir, she dug her heel into his feet, turning to him with a smile.

"Creep." He whispered.

"Says the man who had his eyes on his best friend's sister." She rolled her eyes.

"Shut up."

"You shut up."

"How about both of you shut up and let me listen?" Rahil turned to them.

"First tell me, do you think it's okay to date your best friend's sister?" Madira asked Rahil.

"We're engaged, loser." Jashn rolled his eyes.

"Are you-"

She stopped speaking, hearing a knock on the door, two seconds later, Rayna walked in with a cup of coffee in her hand. She looked around with a nervous smile on her face, feeling all eyes on her.

"Who is that?" Madira asked Rahil.

"I don't think you wanna know." He looked at her apologetically.

"What do you mean...." She trailed off, her eyes moving from Rahil to Mihir and Rayna's exchange.

Both of them were smiling at something he said, she didn't stay there for long but she left Madira with that feeling of unknown heaviness inside.

She didn't speak for the rest of the presentation, her hands drawing random lines on the paper.

Jashn turned towards his sister as soon as the meeting ended, "Are you going to cry?" He asked.

"Why would I cry?" She scowled, "Your face is annoying me." She stated, getting up from her chair and walking out of the boardroom.

Mihir took the place where she was sitting a while ago, he kept looking at Rahil and Jashn but when they didn't do anything, he shook his head in disappointment, "Agar bhabi yahan hoti to merko paani offer karti."
(If Bhabi was here, she would've offered me a glass of water.)

"I thought you liked coffee." Rahil teased.

"Rayna can't make coffee to save her life, it was so bekaar, main jaanta hoon kaise roka maine khudko from puking." Mihir replied, grimacing as if he felt the taste all over again.
(Rayna can't make coffee to save her life, it was so bad, only I know how I stopped myself from puking.)

"Really? Madi makes the best coffee." Jashn replied.

"Madi who?" Mihir turned to him with a frown, "Wait, I remember, your Madira." He nodded in understanding.

"Riiight." Jashn cleared his throat, "I think I'll go talk to Amrit now, loved the presentation though." He patted his back before leaving.

...

"Yo. Bhai!" She plopped down on his bed, "Wakey wakey." She sang, pinching his nose.

"Go away." Jashn covered his ears with a pillow.

"I need your help."

"Bye."

"Don't forget, I'm the one who helped you arrange your meetings with Ishani." She reminded him.