17

A groan left his mouth as he opened his eyes, the finger poking his cheek didn't stop though.

"What happened?" He asked, rubbing his eyes as he looked at Roop, who had a pout on her lips, her fingers still on his cheek. Tilting his face, he took her finger in his mouth, biting on it lightly as he watched her brows furrow into a frown.

"I think Mihir is sad." She replied.

"Didn't he have a date?" Amrit frowned, getting up in a sitting position. He clearly remembered Mihir changing three shirts until he stole one from his closet.

"Yeah but he came back already, he didn't throw his things anywhere and he wasn't grinning like an idiot either, he just went to his room." She replied, "I called him but I think he didn't listen."

Amrit picked up his t-shirt he threw on the floor before going to sleep, pulling it over his head as he got up.

"Are you going to check on him?" She asked.

"Hmm."

"I don't like sad Mihir." She sighed, laying down, "Come back with a smile on his face, okay?" She added.

"Don't worry," He leaned down, his lips touching her forehead for a while before he backed up, "Rest, I'll be back in a few."

"Can you get me some kiwis on your way back?" She asked as she watched him make his way out of their room.

"Anything else?" He asked, opening the door as he turned to look at her.

"Yes, you." She nodded.

Shaking his head, he bit back the smile, closing the door behind him as he walked towards Mihir's room. Knocking twice, he received no answer.

He called out Mihir's name, and the door beside Mihir's room opened, revealing Rahil who was rubbing his eyes, his reading glasses in his hand as a frown made its presence on his face.

"He's not in there," Rahil told Amrit.

"Roop saw him." He replied, knocking again, "Something must've happened back there." He added.

Peeking inside his room once, Rahil closed the door gently, walking towards Mihir's room until he stopped just outside. Amrit looked at him weirdly as he tried to look inside the door through the keyhole.

"He's drinking." Rahil said, pushing on the door to make it break open, "How many times I've asked him not to..." He trailed off as Amrit twisted the knob, pushing the door open.

Sharing a look, Rahil just rolled his eyes at their stupidity, walking inside the room before closing the door behind him.

Rahil took the bottle he was drinking alcohol straight from his hands, ignoring them, he picked up another bottle kept on the table in front of him, bringing it up to his mouth when Amrit smacked the back of his head.

"Will you please leave me alone? I'm not bothering anyone, let me have some peace." Mihir frowned, getting up as he turned to them.

"Where did you get these bottles from?" Amrit asked.

"Geez, I'm twenty-six, not eighteen." He rolled his eyes, the slur in his voice telling both of them that he had been drinking for long, "Let me be."

"What happened?" Amrit asked, his voice as calm as he could manage at the moment, "You can tell us." He added, watching Rahil walk over to the mini fridge in the room, taking out three more bottles of alcohol as he looked at Mihir disappointedly.

"I expected better from you," Rahil murmured, walking into the bathroom as he drained all the alcohol down the drain.

"I should've never come back here." Mihir turned away, throwing the wristwatch away as a sound of clink resonated within the room, letting them know that the watch had broken.