Epilogue

"Mumma."

Mihir groaned, covering his ear with one hand as he snuggled closer to Madira, kissing her neck.

"Mumma." He heard his son's voice again but ignored it, "Mumma." His voice only got higher every time he spoke.

"Go play with Viaan." Mihir tried to shoo him away but the two-year-old somehow got on the bed, walking to their parents before pushing his little body between them.

Getting annoyed, Mihir made some space for him but did not leave Madeira. Ayaan rested his head on Madira's stomach, lying horizontally before pushing Mihir with his little legs.

"Ayu, stop it." He groaned yet again but Ayaan seemed to be on a mission, holding his legs, Mihir pulled him up in the air as he sat down.

The little baby broke into fits of laughter and giggles while being raised in the air, "Ek aur choti si Riva chahiye na aapko?" Mihir asked.
(You want another little Riva, no?)

Ayaan nodded excitedly but all his excitement faded away when Mihir made him sit in his lap, wanting to be raised in the air again.

"Aapko pata hai aapki Riva kaise aayegi?" Mihir asked. (You know how your Riva will come?)

Ayaan turned to look up at his father, his big eyes widening with excitement, "Kaise?" (How?)

"Jab aap Ruaan wali badi mumma aur papa ke beech me jaakar soyenge." Mihir replied.
(When you'll sleep in between Ruaan's mumma and papa.)

"Sacchi?" The innocent baby asked. (Really?)

Mihir nodded in response, "Papa, down." Ayaan ordered as soon as Mihir nodded.

"Where are your slippers?" Mihir asked.

"I giff Vaan." Ayaan replied, "Down." He ordered again, louder this time when Mihir didn't put him down. (I gift Viaan)

"Go wear your slippers and then go." Mihir said, "And ask Bade Papa to bring ice cream for you."

"Mumma says no ice-ceam." He replied.

"Mumma is sadu, you don't listen to mumma when papa is here." Mihir replied, having to step down from the bed at last when he saw Ayaan wearing his slippers on the wrong foot. (Sadu=grumpy)

"Mumma salu?" He repeated, "Mumma salu!" He squealed, starting to repeat the words excitedly as he hopped out of the room, picking up another stuffed toy to gift to Viaan.

Riva, Rahil and Avni's daughter, and Ayaan had an ongoing competition of giving gifts to Viaan, half of their toys resided in Viaan's crib.

Locking the door once Ayaan was out, he started walking back to the bed before turning around and flicking the lock on the upper side of the door, the lock Madira couldn't reach to without a stool, thanks to the huge doors.

Picking up the laptop from the table, he took a seat on the bed again, working on the presentation from last night that he left because he was too distracted with the shower Madira was supposed to be taking alone.

Five years of marriage and he was still so in love with his wife, probably more than ever. Her love for him made him love himself too and his family couldn't be happier seeing him happy.

Surely there were times when they spent full days without looking at each other because of some arguments but the next morning, everything would be fine.

One thing both of them learnt, holding grudges in a relationship isn't going to work, they just need to talk it out.

He kept his leg over hers, wanting to touch her all the time he was with her while he finished his work.