EPILOGUE

"You both are made for each other."
"How do you know?"
"Because you guys don't look at each other with butterflies and happiness. You look at each other with reality but at the same time, there's a fairytale awaiting you."

Twenty years later

ASRA'S POV

The sweet smell of Gajra (Flower garland) decorating my hair, the scent of henna in my hands and the aroma of wedding delicacies filled my nostrils.

While I sit down on my makeup stool, admiring my nikaah ( Marriage) look. The sweet smell of the food, decorations, and delicacies nothing could bring me out of my morose state. I was getting married but I wasn't happy.

How would I be?

This marriage wasn't my will. It was just a agreement. My dying dadujaan wanted me to get settled with a man I never knew, had never seen in my life ever, a complete stranger, someone with whom I neither wished to have a love life or moments of small happiness.

Ammi and Abbu passed away when I was fifteen years in the accident which took place due to landslide. That day I lost the only people in my life who loved me, and were the actual definition of love. Those two made me believe in love, connection, manifestation. But after them leaving me ..something inside me changed. The feelings of love, the feelings of attachment, seem like they didn't gave me interest. My focus now shifted only towards my one goal, I had to become a Doctor..by hook or by crook. I was no longer the fifteen years old girl who wanted to have a dreamy wedding and a lover. I was the girl who wanted to be the Doctor in the best college in my country.

Asra Asher Ira Khan wasn't the same anymore, she was selfish..selfish to fulfill all her desires and dreams. The girl who believes that if you have dream fight for it, no matter who it is..just fight for it and one day you are going to achieve it for sure.

While moving away from attachments, and love i didn't realise when my daadujaan got neglected and now she is here with me for a few more days. And the only wish she has is to get me married to Mishal Khala first son Aadil Khan. Someone whom I have never seen before today.

"Asra you look so gorgeous"

And Rumi Aapa hugged me tightly. After my parents left this world dadu and her were the only family I had. Rumi Aapa was already married to Arsalan Jiju...they were happy and were blessed with tiny hayat.

"Aapa you know that I don't want this!" I made a pout.

"But daadu wants it.. she will get rid of her responsibilities baby. She also needs calm and peace as well as freedom." Aapa pulled my cheeks

"And my Dream? You know I want to be a doctor!" I said.

"Your dreams would be fulfilled you don't have to worry about it"

The third voice in the room came as a shock, the moment both of us turned around we saw Aadil standing on the door. His sharp piercing gaze made me shiver.

"You?" I snapped back.

"Came to inform you that get ready, everyone is waiting downstairs"

Saying this he left the room.

"See"

"Your dreams are safe" Aapa laughed.

"Comeon Aapa not you" I looked at her.

"You both are made for each other." She says in the next line.

"How do you know?" I ask her back.

"Because you guys don't look at each other with butterflies and happiness. You look at each other with reality but at the same time, there's a fairytale awaiting you." Aapa looked at me.

"I don't believe in any fairy tale I only believe in my dreams" I made a face.

.
.

For the last time I walked in towards my cupboard only to find the twenty letters my Ammi wrote for me. I had to read the last one, because all others were already read by me. The last letter was still left...and the moment I flipped open the page it said:

"You have dreams run for them and chase them. But don't forget that love is magical my child, it makes everything fresh, healthy, happy and sane. I won't say much to you in this piece but my only advice for you is that even if something's go out of your hands in your twenties just remember that they can still be made fine. Probably by the time you will read it, you would be in your twenties and maybe you already have met the love of your life or probably you might get married accordingly. In either case my only advice to you is even if you don't choose someone, someone is already chosen for you. It's okay to not be in love before marriage but never lose hope because "Kabhi Kabhi Shadi ke baad bhi Pyaar hote hote ho hi jata hai"
(Sometimes love happens even after marriage.)
With love
Your Ammi.

.
.
.

I am so thankful that she wrote twenty letters for me so that I can cherish them when I grow up at various stages in my life. She would have written more if she was alive but nevermind.

I don't know what lies ahead of this. I even don't know about my love life and anything about this marriage.

But I will make sure that I will become a doctor and make you and Abbu proud.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

And after a pause a sweet faint female voice is heard too after the maulavi asks his question.

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

The whole lounge was gurgling with laughter and happiness and loud applauds of claps and hootings. Bringing in a new adventure to begin in Asra's life.
.
.
.

While two unnoticed souls are looking at their daughter and smiling. Wishing their daughter a very happy marriage life full of love...the one like theirs.

"It would be beautiful for her too..right Asher?" Ira looked at her soulmate.

"Obviously Coco" Asher chuckled still enjoying the last ball of his chocolate.

.
.
.
.

Aadil and Asra for you guys!

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹THE END....🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹