THE NOT SO ROMANTIC FIRST DATE

"To some it's just water, to me it's where I regain my sanity"

ASHER'S POV

I had been worried about Amvi since past two weeks, I mean who can be so careless to not pick up someone's call. And when you are committed to someone, you need to have that healthy communication to understand each other better and make your relationship work. But Amvi, she doesn't care about me either nor our relationship I mean who does all this, she could have just called me once to inquire...

And here I am, worrying for her. But then look at her. I was not in a very good mood, definitely I was married yesterday but my head is full with thoughts of my girlfriend. Like nowhere in my life that girl has any share. She is my parents choice, that's it.

Ring, ring, ring....

I was brought out of thoughts when my phone rang. Collecting my watch and napkin, I held the phone in my hand to be surprised much because it's Amvi who's calling.

I picked up the call in one go, without wasting a single second anymore.

"Hello honey" the voice from the other side was quite chill.

"Wowo, Ami I mean your would-be husband got married to someone else and is her husband and look at you, are you this happy?" I was pissed at her chuckling sweet chill voice.

"Ash, it's nothing for which you are worrying about. I will come back to you only honey. And don't forget that our religion has given us the rights of a second marriage, and divorce is still happening in the country every other day" she replied.

"Ohhh, I mean look at you. Instead of being here, accepting your fault..that because of you only I had to go through all this. And had to marry another woman. You are busy discussing the divorce which had to happen god knows when!" I snapped back.

"Don't you shout at me, and secondly I am taking all this normally. Is it something like you started liking that girl?" She said in a flow.

"No ways, she is not my type ( Did I just mimic SRK) nvm." I spoke.

"Ahah, then there's no issue. Don't worry I will be with you the moment I come back, and after that we will see all the sunsets of our life together in a blanket on our terrace" She was happy and She was right, Ira and I are on agreement terms. She is my future instead of worrying about this and that. I should focus on mine and Amvi's future.

"Yes baby, it's okay. I get you now" I spoke.

"So hurry up send me a picture of yours now, and I am hanging up" she said giggling.

Before I could have enjoyed the sounds of her giggling she already hung up the call. The next thing I did was to click a picture of mine and send her, and that's what I did.

.
.
.
.

Coming back downstairs in the dining room I saw the dining table filled with a wholesome healthy meal, four plates were aligned with three silver katoris in each filled with steaming curries of chicken, lamb, and fish. In the center was piled a small mound of flaky rice, cooked just the way I liked it, the rice gave a sweet aroma. Which means fragrant rice was cooked today. A dollop of cucumber and tomato raita, smothered in sour yogurt, was on one side of the rice. On the other side were two wedges of green mango pickle, glistening red with chili powder and oil, and a casserole filled with crisp rice-flour papads and one of the most special dishes the sweet vermicelli the dry one and not the milk one.

 On the other side were two wedges of green mango pickle, glistening red with chili powder and oil, and a casserole filled with crisp rice-flour papads and one of the most special dishes the sweet vermicelli the dry one and not the milk one