FOR RAMZAN

"It's hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but its harder to give up when you know its everything you want"

ASHER'S POV

"Are you sure you will not come back, I mean now Asra also wants to join my team" I narrowed my eyes at my busy wife who was fetching dirty clothes of kids for laundry.

"Even if she is in your team, she will listen to me if I will tell her that what's good for her and what is not!" She made a pout.

"Ira do you want the history to repeat?" I looked at her.

This time she dropped the clothes in her hand.

"What history can you be a little more clear Mr Asher" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"You know that how important a father's love is for a daughter? Don't you?" I raised my brows at her.

"So you are emotionally blackmailing me now! By repeating what seems so bitter to me to even remember!" She clenched her jaw.

"I am not making you remember your bitter past or what your father did! I am making you realise your mistake Ira. Why you want another Ira to suffer from the pain of separation from her father. A father's love is very necessary for a child you know. And for me my daughter is very important too" I held her by her shoulder.

"But I don't want to come back with you, I don't want to go there. I don't want my daughter to see a new family which awaits her. Isn't it better that my daughter knows that her father is away for work mostly and will meet occasionally instead she comes to know that he is living away because of another family!" She replied and a tear drop trickled down her face.

Through these years have you even loved me sincerely Ira?! I doubt...I mean she still thinks that I am married to Rumi just because she left me to get married to another woman. How do I tell you Ira that after you there's just noone. Why can't you read it in my eyes? Haven't you been doing that when we didn't use to talk for weeks earlier.

Ira you knew how badly, madly , desperately I loved you, that there was no boundaries to my love. Still you think that I am in love with someone like Rumaisa. When she was nothing to me. How can you just not read it in my eyes? You started to lie but your eyes couldn't. So if I am not able to tell you the whole truth because Rumaisa wants to clear it, why can't you just read it once again in my eyes! Why don't you understand these silent signals.

"Asher...where are you lost?" She snapped her fingers at me.

"I think what happens next is my responsibility to handle. You just have to take my baby girl for the ramzan celebrations at home, with her whole family. And you don't know how much Amma would be happy to know about her and about having her back" I assured her with a smile.

My condition currently was just like It's hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but its harder to give up when you know its everything you want. I wanted Ira, desperately, madly, passionately back with me. I wanted a proper relationship with my daughter who has just started enjoying doing little things with her father, whether playing with Ludo, UNO, or icespice.

"Okay" she murmured.

"What you said just now! You said a OKAY....OHHH MY GODDDDD, I AM SO FRIEKIN HAPPY IRA....YOU ARE COMING BACK TO ME...we will stay like a family...ohhh myyyyyyyy god....Ira I am so happy"

And the next moment I carried her in air, and was rolling down in happiness. While I was busy celebrating she was clueless. Like always, she was like this....I mean good things couldn't make her laugh or smile the way stupid and useless talks did.