HER

On my silent days, I miss you a little louder.

AMVI'S POV

"Nothing has changed much here in India" I looked at him, who was busy observing me for the past ten minutes.

"Are you willing to say something? Is there a secret message to convey Ash?" I snapped my fingers at him to bring him out of his thoughts.

"No definitely not ? But I want you to have some street snacks with me. You have returned back here after so many years!" He had a different kind of amusement on his face.

I hummed.

"O-K-A-Y"

The moment we reached the place, he made me sit first. And then started speaking..

"It's a normal restaurant serving all sort of mouth watering food..I hope you enjoy. Probably your lifestyle might have changed within these years but enjoying all the desi stuff is a different kind of emotion. It changed for me too, but now I am back to my original taste" He smiled.

I smiled back too. Surely it is difficult for me because the food and everything there is different than here. I know there was still some spark left in my Indian taste buds to enjoy the "Desi Meal" with Ash.

One waiter put the huge Karahi pot in the middle of the table and another brought Naan, raita and a jug of water along with onion and lemon slices. After they left, he served some curry in his plate and tore a bite of the naan. Scooping the curry with the soft naan, he brought it to his mouth and his eyes closed enjoying the meal .

"What?" He asked me while I was still staring at the pot.

"Is this whole pot just for us?" I asked.

"Yep" He shrugged.

"Um..." I gulped.

That's it.

Extending my hand I served a spoonful on my plate.

"At least try it first." He said and then tore some Naan for him . "It's not that spicy." He hummed while feeding his taste buds.

I was busy staring at the food, while I found that now Asher Ignoring his own food, watched me with focused eyes to make sure that I ate it . His nose was scrunched and a lock of his dark hair was falling on his forehead.

Once I took the bite, he seemed nervous because if I threw up, it would be too embarrassing. So I decided to chew it slowly, swallow it down and then take a bite of the raita and lemon water.

"Did you like it?" He asked impatiently.

"It's..." I paused, "Not bad. I can feel my Indian taste buds reacting to the meal"

"See." He said and served some more on my plate.

"It's a lot spicier than how Mom makes it." I replied and then angled the plate so the oil could separate.

After finishing the main course, He ordered two plates of Golgappe. My eyes widened when the waiter returned, holding the plates that were filled to the brim. Each contained twenty golgappes, filled with chickpeas and bitter and sour condiments.
I wished he wasn't in the mood of creating the golgappe competition scene from the movie "Rab ne bana di jodi".

(Author's fav movie....)

"Should we eat it like this or in some other way?" I asked, picking up one piece but ended up breaking it.

"Watch and learn properly, by the way Amvi you changed a lot" He said and picked up one gol gappa. Immersed that in the bowl of sour liquid called khatta and then shifted the huge ball straight into my mouth expertly.