Chapter 10

Y/n's POV

 "Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore shouts as his father raises his hand.

I'm sitting in the stands with Hermione, Ginny, Ron, Romilda, Astoria and Draco as the Triwizzard  Contestants get ready to enter the maze for the last challenge. 

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore shouts again.

"GO HARRY!" Ron screams.

"Wooo!" The rest of us go.

"You got this Harry!" Neville shouts from behind us.

"Taking bets!" The twins say.

The canon fires and Harry, Cedric, Viktor, and Fleur all enter the maze.

The maze closes behind them and we all go silent.

"So now we just wait here?" Ginny asks.

"Yeah.." Hermione sighs.

--- 

We see a light go up from inside the maze. 

"Somethings happening." Draco says.

A few moments later Fleur comes out of the maze, she didn't make it, she's out.

She looks frightened. Her friends comfort her.

We all sigh as we go back to waiting.

---

It feels like it's been hours.

"When do you think-" Ron starts.

Suddenly Harry and Cedric appear, Cedric's figure is laying on the floor, Harry right on top of him.

The music starts playing but somethings not right.

Dumbledore starts to approach Harry when Fleur lets out a shriek. Dumbledore runs up to Harry, trying to pull him off Cedircs body.

"No! No!" I hear Harry scream.

The music stops..

"He's back, he's back, Voldermorts back." Harry cries. "Cedric- he asked me to bring his body back- I couldn't leave him- not there!" He cries.

Amos, Cedrics father, starts to make his way through the crowd.

"Thats my son! Thats my boy!" Amos cries, falling to the ground at his sons body.

His cry was heartbreaking.

"My boy!" He cries.

Professor Moody pulls Harry away.

Amos lets out another cry. The crowd is silent. 

My heart started to ache. I couldn't listen anymore.

I glanced over to Cho Change, I feel so bad for her.

Everyone gets escorted out and told to go back to our dorms.

---

"I can't believe Voldermots back.." I sigh. 

"I know- I didn't think-" Hermione tries to get something out.

We're all still in shock that Cedrics dead we can't even speak.

We walk back to our dorms in silence.

---

It's a few weeks later and schools out in a few days. We're all in the dining hall, which is now filled with chairs, for Dumbledores speech about Cedric.

Dumbledore walks up and starts his speech. "Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as your all know, exiptinally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldermort."

Theres a loud silence. 

"...In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that, and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end." Dumbledore ends his speech.

---

"Bye Neville," I give him a hug.

"Bye Y/n." He hugs me back. "See you next year." 

"See you." We let go and he walks off.

I already said goodbye to the Weasleys and Hermione.

"Harry!" I hear an ugly voice scream.

"Thats me, bye Y/n." he gives me a hug.

"Bye Harry." We let go. "Oh and Harry," He turns around. "It's not your fault."

"I know." He smiles weakly and walks away.

"There you are Draco." Lucious says.

Draco says something to his father and he looks at me.

I turn my head away awkwardly and look at Reg.

"Hey Y/n," Draco walks up to me. "Thanks for coming with me to the Yule Ball."

"Thanks for inviting me, it was so much fun." I smile.

"See you next year." He smiles and walks away.

"Bye.." I softly wave to him with a smile as I watch him walk off with his father. "Ok Reg, time to head back to the house."

---

"I hate this." I sigh as I lay on the couch. 

I've done practically nothing ever since school ended. I live alone so there is nothing to do.

"Theres a snake in my boot." I quote the movie playing on the channel.

I hear an owl outside.

I get up and walk outside, its Hogwarts owl with my letter.

"And so it begins."