Chapter 6

Y/N's POV

It's been two months since the first day of Hogwarts and I'm top of my class in everything, Hermione is incredibly mad.

Draco and I have become very close, I've become close with a lot more people, mainly Astoria and Draco, mainly Draco.

"What about lumos?" He asks.

"Draco that's like the easiest spell." I look at him.

"You've said that for all the other spells we've practiced." He laughs.

"'Cause they're easy."

He stares at me with an open smile.

"What?" I laugh.

"How are you this smart?" He asks.

"I don't know, I just am."

"Your smarter than Hermione, and your a first year. That's saying something."

"Yeah I don't think she's too fond of me to be honest. She's a bit jealous." I grin.

"So do it, lumos." He taps my wand.

"Ok, ok, lumos!" I say, the tip of my wand lighting up. "Happy?" I ask.

"Yup." He checks it off the list.

"Knox." I set my wand down again.

He checks knox off the list too. "That's it." He looks up at me. "Your a genius."

I smile. There's a moment of silence between us before I speak again.

"I wish I was in Slytherin." I say.

"Why?" He looks at me.

"I don't know, both of my friends are in Slythering. I mean I'm friends with the trio, Fred and George, Ginny, and Neville, but I think I hang out with you the most." I say. I lay back farther on the couch. "But I'd rather hang out with you mostly."

Draco takes a bit of time to reply. "Me?" He asks, sounding a bit in shock. But I can hear a small hint of excitement in his voice.

"Yeah, your my best friend, and if I were in Slytherin I would be able to hang out with you more." I look at him. "Why do you seem surprised?"

There's a small smile on his face. "'Cause no ones ever told me they want to hang out with me, and that they enjoy it.." He says softly.

"You couldn't have met many decent people then." I smile at him.

We both get lost in a daze and are just staring at each other, that is until someone drops there books off in the distance and we both snap out of it.

"Sorry." The kid says in the distance.

Draco and I look at each other and start laughing a bit.

"I think we should get going, it's time for lunch." I say. "'Cmon Draco."

"Coming." He says, standing up.

The two of us start walking to the Great Hall for lunch, when we arrive we separate and head to our house tables.

"Oh! Draco, before you go I just wanted to tell you that I'm gonna tell Harry, Ron, and Hermione that you want to be friends with them." I tell Draco before he gets too far.

He smiles. "Thanks Y/n."

I sit down next to the trio and they all look at me.

"So you and Malfoy are friends now?" Ron says.