Chapter 12

Narrator's POV:

Once Sonic and Shadow one once again murmurs escaped everyone. Scourge starts to feel a little anxious because of the bet kept making fun of Sonic thinking he'll win. But of course sonic made fun of him back. There were a bunch more rounds to go and so far they only finished 2 rounds so there are plenty more opportunities for others to win but of course that didn't stop the azure hedgehog thinking he already won. Ever since the night sonic and shadow both snuck out for the first time, they both created a secret compromise to work together and not fight (as much as before). When Sonic and Shadow fought in the first round, Sonic felt bad for starting the fight even though he thought it wasn't his fault while Shadow could care less. But after that night they both had a small connection.

Meanwhile eggman was recording everything in the last round and the previous round after that. He was planning to create a killing machine that knows every single move that the azure hedgehog's gonna make because of the video recording. It will track all his moves when he's fighting for the machine to be prepared so it knows how to counter attack. This killer machine can also stop the rest of the contestants that he thought was a problem. But he left out an important individual...

Tail's POV:

I don't know where eggman took sonic but I know he took him, and the way he did it was cruel. I don't know what he's planning but whatever it is, it's not good. I just hope that pill works, the pill I gave him before he left. Before eggman took him, it's supposed to have an anti-effect in whatever eggman injected into sonic and I hope it works. The pill was supposed to stop poison, and I'm guessing whatever eggman injected into sonic is probably poison too. Or it could be mind-control syndrome, or a bunch of things for that matter. But there's one thing that is important: it works.

I picked up one of Sonic's quills from my desk and attached it to my machine I was building. The machine that will track sonic's energy and help me find him and stop whatever eggman was planning to do. I attached it to the machine and the energy started to surge. The energy started to increase and it was too much for my machine to take. "Uh oh." I ducked under the desk and hid from the giant explosion. A part of my roof was burnt and the top of my desk was completely destroyed but it was still usable. "It's okay, I can repair the damage" I told myself. It happened again, the energy surge. Sonic's energy is always too much for the machine's I make and I keep trying to change them and make them more advanced so they can match sonic's energy but I keep messing up. I sighed grumpily and sat next to the pile or metal from my now broken machine. It's okay, Sonic's fine. Sonic won't go down that easily. I thought to myself.

Narrator's POV:

Meanwhile back with sonic, as time passed by sonic stopped sneaking out at night. He didn't want anyone else to overhear him talking about his dreams. It was bad enough that Scourge knows, Sonic didn't want anyone else to know. This caused Shadow to raise a suspicion on why sonic is not coming outside anymore. Shadow thought it was because Sonic was mad at him. In normal circumstances if someone else was mad at him this wouldn't bother him, but for some reason it bothers Shadow, that sonic could be mad at him. It made him feel something he hadn't in a long time, guilty. He was also upset that sonic is not sneaking outside at night anymore because that means he can't find out more about himself because sonic is not telling shadow about his dreams. For some reason, sonic gets these weird dreams that are kind of like a flashback. It tells him more about his past, and now most of his dreams have this weird, but pretty human. She had blonde hair, she wore a blue headband and a blue dress, she wore a warm smile all the time. Sonic knew he knew her before but couldn't remember who she was. He didn't want to tell Shadow because he thought it would be awkward. Sonic remembered when it was the first round in the tournament, shadow dropped a picture of that girl. Shadow knew who she was and if sonic told him that he dreamt of her it would be weird.