Chapter 11

Narrator's POV:

The few days passed by pretty fast for everyone besides sonic. Today was already tournament day, and for starters silver isn't as terrified as usual. In fact he's excited for the tournament today. "I wonder what the challenge is today!" silver said excitedly. The whole group was sitting in their living room on the couch. "Wow, why so excited for the tournament now?" Knuckles asked surprised. Silver blushed a bit but the others ignored him. "Um...I guess because of..." the hedgehog thought for a while before saying "Winning! Yea..." he lied but the others didn't catch on. "Look, don't be too sad if you don't win because we all know who's getting that point" sonic winked pointing to himself. Amy blushed like crazy but ended up saying "Sonic! Honestly what if you lose? Stop teasing silver" and hit his arm that she was clinging to hard. She went back to clinging the arm and sonic shifted a little uncomfortable by the pain but allowed her to do so.

Meanwhile in the other room with shadow he was having his 'normal' day. He wanted to leave this place so badly, and he had the chance to escape because of the emerald but something didn't let him. He didn't want to leave sonic. Of course the ebony hedgehog hates him but it's just that feeling really...hate? He didn't want to admit it of course so he lied. Today is the tournament day, the day he absolutely hates. It was a waste of time, this tournament. All he really wanted to do is find out more about Maria, The only person he remembers, the only person he really cares about. He remembers everything about her, even meets her in his dreams. It was weird in some sort of way. He knew that she was important, and he knew why. Now there's another tournament going on, he would have less time to find out more about himself.

He remembered it clearly, seeing Maria get shot, blood spilling. Bring hope to humanity. Those were her last words. The only thing he ever wanted to forget, he didn't. Why did the world have to be so cruel? He would never know. Shadow held his tears in about the thought of Maria. "Hey handsome, how's your rest?" Rouge asked, flying over to shadow. "I've been hanging around that mephiles guy you know, he's kind of in love with you, funny," she said, nudging him. Shadow didn't respond. "You know, he's been hanging around silver a lot recently and I think I know exactly why," she said with a smug grin. "Why is this important for me to know?" I asked, rolling my eyes. This is such a waste of time. I thought to myself. "To get to know others better, like blaze, I've been talking to her too. Let's go meet her!" she said as she grabbed my arm and marched me out of the bed all the way to the main living room to the couch where a purple cat with a gem on her forehead was sitting. Rouge pushed him down, making him take a seat. "Shadow this is blaze, blaze this is shadow" she introduced each other. "Nice to meet you," she said politely, extending her hand to shake but the shadow stayed quiet. "Don't mind him, he's mad that I got him out of his bed." Rouge laughed. "No, I'm mad that you won't leave me alone," grumbled shadow. "Alright stay mad if you want" rouge retorted. "Don't mind him, he's always like this." Rouge rolled her eyes and blaze nodded. "It's fine," she calmly said. "I believe breakfast is going to start soon." blaze pointed out. "Hmm, I sure hope it does. It's nice to have some fresh air." Rouge commented. While the two girls talked, Shadow kept thinking about escaping, maria, sonic. So many thoughts.

ding! ding! ding!

The breakfast bell rang and everyone lined up at the opened door so they could exit the rooms to enter the outdoor cafeteria. "You know sonic I just realized that you always eat the same thing when you eat breakfast," Amy pointed out as the group waited in line. "That's because it's good," sonic replied, picking up the same thing he always does. "Maybe you should try something else?" Amy suggested. "I'm good" sonic replied and everyone sat at the table talking. Amy sat close to sonic, like every time. Most of the time sonic doesn't notice this but Amy didn't mind. It was clear that Amy had a crush on him, and a few others did too. Like blaze for an example. Blaze had a small crush on sonic when compared to by amy. "Hey sonic, do you know how to get someone to like you when you really like them?" Amy asked, blushing a bit trying to give a hint to sonic who didn't get it. "Uhhh I don't know. Tell a joke maybe?" Sonic shrugged. "Most people just automatically like me, i mean I can't blame them"