Chapter 7

Sonic POV:

I woke up the next day after a good rest. Sleeping was easy, the hard part was waking up. "Sonic you're awake! Finally" silver cheered happily. "Ha, he's such a messy sleeper," a familiar voice called out. Knuckles. Sonic thought and lazily woke up forcing his eyes open. "Knuckles, what are you doing here?" Sonic asked, shocked. "I came through the door, remember? It's normal to go through that door now ever since you found it," Knuckles explained. "Oh, but that still doesn't explain what you're doing here," I said.

"What do you think i'm doing here?"

"Stalking me or rouge-"

"I swear I'm going to kill you!"

And just like that knuckles tackled sonic and they both thrashed on the ground while sonic laughed. "This just proves my point. You have a crush on her!" Sonic exclaimed and knuckles put a hand on his mouth and complained "I swear you're literally yelling it out and she will hear you!" and silver chimed in saying "You didn't deny it!" which caused sonic to laugh more and knuckles to turn more red than his quills. "Hey when is the next tournament starting anyways?" Sonic asked knuckles and silver whimpered. "When I went into the tournament, We had to get through a pool of acid and I freaked out." he said with a blush. "But couldn't you just float over the acid?" I asked. "You know with your powers?-""Well I can but I was scared of the killer robot-" Silver replied. "Ha! A killer robot is nothing compared to me! But of course rouge had to adjust her heels so they wouldn't slip in the lava. Maybe if she could've hurried up we could've won!" Knuckles grumbled. Silver started to blush in embarrassment. "What did your partner say?" I asked and he smiled slightly blushing "Well, he said it was ok!" he seemed so excited. "He's kind of scary though!" and he almost turned more red than knuckles. He looked deep in thought but knuckles broke him out of it by saying "What are you not scared of?" Silver blushed at his comment. Oh knuckles. I thought and I smirked and said "Well, I know you're scared of confessing to rouge if you want I can help-" I was sadly interrupted by knuckle glare. I snickered a bit trying to hold my laughter. "I will never let this go!" Sonic grinned.

"Imma brush my teeth real quick!" I said before dashing to the bathroom and brushing my teeth. After I came back to talk to knuckles and silver. Suddenly we passed by someone who resembled a shadow a lot except he had light blue stripes and mint green eyes. Silver went to hang out with him so I hung out with knuckles. I saw Amy eyeing me a couple of times which made me a bit uncomfortable. Maybe she just wants a friend? I thought. "Hi!" I said and she looked surprised and blushed a bit. "Hi!" she said in a cheery voice. Her voice this time didn't sound like before, loud and squeaky. Which was a relief.

Knuckles looked at me looking confused. "Would you like to sit with us?" I asked and she nodded. We all sat down and talked while sometimes I glanced at silver who was talking to the dark hedgehog. Oh I see now! I thought happily. Meanwhile, Me, Amy, and knuckles all talked together. Honestly, Amy is a really nice friend but sometimes she can be too clingy. I don't mind her at all unless she's clinging on my arm but other than that she's a nice friend.

Shadow's POV:

Going between the 2 rooms was now normal. At first it was awkward, then gradually people warmed up except me. I wanted to stay away as far as possible from Sonic. I remember yesterday clearly and I wish I didn't. In Fact I wish I had forgotten about yesterday. This feeling I got...when he smiled.

I hate that hedgehog for making me feel this way.

In the room I was in now, my original room I was assigned now had a green hedgehog and a red wolf in it. They both were from the other room. I started to get a bit thirsty so I got up and went to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. Dang, no water. There was only one other place where there could be water and that's the other room, where sonic is. I growled, great. I'm so lucky. I opened the door and I headed through the room and went into their kitchen and opened their refrigerator to get some water. When I was gonna head back my eye caught sonic and his friends. "Honestly, knuckling is embarrassing!" Sonic yelled, laughing hard. "Well do you think you could do better!" the red echidna yelled back angrily. "I don't think, I know I could do better!" he grinned cockily. I swear I hate that grin. I thought about trying to get it out of my mind. I realized that I was looking at sonic and I looked away hoping he wouldn't see me. But of course, I'm never that lucky. "Hey shads, wanna come sit!" Sonic called out and he got up and came running to me.