Chapter 9

Shadow POV:

There was something about that hedgehog.

I hate him

I resent him

I want to do nothing with him.

At the same time,

he makes me smile

he makes me feel warm

he makes me feel happy

I only ever felt this feeling with one person, that was Maria. I remember her like it was yesterday despite having amnesia. What's wrong with me? I thought as I went back into the bedroom. Time passed by faster than it felt. It was dinner time and I didn't even have lunch. None of us did I guess. Once I got inside the small hut and into my original assigned room I opened the fridge to see a few foods in ziplocks. I opened the cupboards to see small snacks such as chips, donuts, cereal, soda, and water bottles. I decided not to eat anything, seeing that nothing was as appetizing and I sat down on the couch and was going to bring out my emerald when rouge came flying over to me. "So handsome, why am I still depressed after winning the competition? I see Sonic bragging about it wherever he goes, why not you?" she asked, sitting down next to me. Handsome was an annoying name she has given me. "Well, I'm not sonic." I told her I was irritated but she didn't mind. I wished she did though.

"You're not eating anything! Take a bite or you'll starve!" she said, pulling my arm. I sat and the couch ignoring her, she groaned in annoyance. "Fine if you want to be lazy, so be it but you're still eating!" she said flying over to the kitchen and back with a sandwich in her hand. She handed me the sandwich and said "If you don't eat you'll get sick." "And what does that have to do with you?" I asked in annoyance and she rolled her eyes. "That means it will make me feel bad not to eat!" and I reluctantly took a bite of the sandwich. "See, is it that hard?" she asked in a teasing manner. I huffed and continued eating while she continued to talk to me. Honestly, I would have liked it if I was alone but no matter how much I tried to shoo her away she wouldn't listen to the point I got used to her.

She would occasionally talk about knuckles, the red echidna that was originally in the same room I was in. Rouge was in the other one, with sonic. Sonic. I thought. He's messing with my brain and I don't know how. Just ignore him. I thought but every thought just came back to him. The way he smiles, his eyes would glow like the summer rays. Snap out of it! I thought again. "Hun are you listening!" Rouge snapped.

"If I say no will you go away?"

"No I would smack you and say 'pay attention'!"

I rolled my eyes and said nothing and she continued talking about the red echidna. "It's too easy to make him angry, but when he does it's kind of cute in a way." Rouge said. "Do you know when the next tournament is starting?" I asked rouge and she shrugged. "Can't say," she said and I listened to her continue to rant about something that I could care less about. She got up when blaze waved at her and she started to have a conversation with her which I was really grateful about. I decided to take a bath to calm down my mind.

The way that cocky smile shows up on his muzzle- I know what the feeling is. It's probably hate, it's probably resentment. Something that you don't understand. I turned on the tap water and stepped in. I let the water wash over me, warming up my skin. I washed my body and when I was done, I dried myself and I headed for my bedroom. Everyone was asleep, and this was the perfect time. I got out my emerald and whispered "Chaos control" teleporting myself onto the roof where sonic is. "Did you get any dreams that are helpful as the last ones?" I asked and he shook his head. "Not really...it has nothing to do with the emerald," he told me. He was fidgeting with his hands and looked at his feet. Why is he so nervous? "Have you ever wondered why I'm getting these dreams?" sonic asked and I quickly replied not knowing how I knew the answer. "Well, eggman did say he erased our memories. Somehow maybe you're getting them back somehow and we just need to figure out what that is." I told sonic and he nodded. "Well, my dream wasn't important but it was weird..." He said I raised a brow at him.