Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Tabitha's Pov

I closed my eyes, acting that I was asleep as Sydnee and Harry walked into the room.

"Tab" Sydnee softly spoke, coming up to me.

I didn't react, trying not to move.

"I know you're awake" she said, sitting down on the edge of my bed, "I know you act asleep when you don't wanna be seen"

I squeezed my eyes, wishing that she would just leave.

"Please talk to me. I know what happened last night was painful but it's 5pm and you haven't ate or gotten up yet"

My body tensed, the memory reoccurring back to my mind.

Last night, after I ran off, I hid in the bathroom. I didn't want to be seen or heard so when Sydnee and Ashley came in after me, I just didn't speak, trying not to make a sound. They left about thirty minutes of coming in and out of the toilets. I turned my phone off after everyone tried to call me at least fifty times each. I didn't want to believe anything that had happened last night. I finally spoke those words but I didn't get the reply I wanted. I guess I shouldn't be expecting him to say it back or feel the same way, but it hurts. I had my hopes too high and ended up getting pushed down. I stumbled, stumbled into a puddle of heart ache. I hadn't talked to anyone since and caught a cab home at around 3am but apart from the taxi driver, I hadn't spoken to anyone and I didn't want to. Sydnee tried seeing if I was awake at around 10am but she heard me come back at 3 in the morning, so she let me sleep. She gets really worried about me sometimes when it comes to these things but she knows I will make it through, I usually just need some times. But this time, I'm not too sure.

Niall isn't like the other guys, I can't just get over him. I've never felt this way towards a guy before and it kinda scares me.

"Tab" she whispered again as Harry sat beside her on my bed.

"Are you ok?" he asked, as I shifted a bit.

You know how when someone asks if you're ok and you lose it? That's how I feel.

Tears slowly slid down my cheek as I slightly opened my eyes. I couldn't see Sydnee nor Harry but I knew they saw the tears.

"Hey, we're going out to buy dinner, I know you don't wanna go out so we'll get you something, ok?" she said, getting off my bed as Harry followed.

"I hope you're ok" he said before exiting the room with Sydnee, gently closing the door behind them.

I bit my bottom lip, looking forward at the blank white wall. I stared at the little dent in the wall, somehow finding it interesting. I reached my arm out from the warm blankets, stroking my finger over the damaged area of the wall. I held my hand closer to my face, examining the powder that came off the dent.

I slowly sat up, leaning against the wall behind me as I stared at the window, the street lights seeping through Into the darkness.

The darkness felt comfortable, I felt like I wasn't seen. I like it like that.

I know I'm over-reacting but it hurts to not have those words spoken to you in return. I've never loved someone as much as I love Niall, I love him so much that it kinda actually hurts. I wish I didn't feel this way, with my heart throbbing, but at least he still 'likes' me, that's good enough, right? But it just doesn't feel the same now that I've said those words. I think I just need some time to get over it.

I kicked my blankets away, the air making my skin cold. I got up and stepped into my sandals. I tugged a jacket out of my wardrobe and pulled it on. I opened the door and stepped out into the corridors.