Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I leaned against the wall of my bedroom as the rest bickered about some TV show and their opinions. I wasn't interested in what they had to say, I couldn't concentrate even if I wanted to. I feel like crying, but there wasn't a particular reason why. Have you ever wanted to cry for no reason? Well, that's how I feel...

I closed my eyes, drowning myself in my thoughts. Today, seventeen years ago, my dad disappeared. He left when I was one, no good bye, no reason, no trace of where he went. I've always wanted to know why and where he is now. I don't remember a memory with him but I would really like to know what he's like, but at the same time I don't. What if he's some big prick who I will end up really hating? I don't know, it doesn't matter anyway, I don't care. I just want to know why he left...

Niall, he's still acting weird. It feels like getting stabbed in the heart being this way. I want our friendship back, I want to hear him talk and hug him the way we used to. It's been two weeks since Niall and I's awkward encounter and when Louis found out. Louis' been comforting me but I don't really need any comforting, I'm a strong girl, it's just a silly boy... What am I saying? Niall's not silly, he's Niall, he's perfectly amazing...

"You ok?" Louis' soft voice asked as he sat beside me, against the wall.

"Yeah, fine" I said, my voice cranking as if I was about to burst into tears.

"You don't sound or look fine" he answered.

I shook my head, holding back my tears, "I'm fine"

"Are you sure? Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm fine, trust me"

"Ok, but just know, things will work out"

I smiled, "thanks Lou"

"No problem" he replied as we both faced our arguing friends again.

I ran my thoughts through my head again, each second becoming harder to pull my act together. A mini droplet slid out of my right eye as I quickly wiped it away with the sleeve of my jumper, apparently catching Niall's attention. I got up, walking towards the door as my friends watched me.

"Where you going?" Harry asked as I stopped.

"Just, just the toilet..." I replied, "I'll be back"

"Ok" he answered as I proceeded out of the room.

I ran out into the open autumn air as tears started trickling down my cheeks. I curled up under a tree, the same tree I last cried under, to be exact. My thoughts flooded my mind. Everything's so hard and plain out confusing... Why can't it be easier? Why are things like this? Why me? Why now?

I sobbed into my knees as the warm droplets dripped down my legs. I felt a warm embrace, a familiar scent calming me down. I dug my head deeper into his chest as his fingers brushed through my hair before leaving a kiss on the top of my head.

"Tabitha..." the perfect Irish accent spoke, "please don't cry, I hate it when you cry"

I tightened my arms around him, "it's hard not to"

"Then talk to me"

"I can't when you don't even want to look at me for more than a second"

He shifted, his hands gently nudging my shoulders away as his crystal blue orbs stared into mine, while his thumb wiped away my tears, "huh?"

"If you haven't noticed, this is the longest we've talked in two weeks" I managed to say as I inhaled heavily.

"It's just, I, I..."

"You just what?"

Niall's Pov

"You just what?" her broken voice spoke.

I love you...

"Nothing" I lied.

"Then why haven't we spoke in two weeks?"

Why haven't we? I don't even know why... Wait, yes I do. It's because I'm an idiot, I'm a retard, I'm stupid, that's why.

"Because, I, I'm an idiot"

She sighed, "you're not an idiot"

"I am... And I'm sorry" I bit my lip, holding back my sobs.

Her fingers entwined with mine as I stared off into the distance. I love her touch. I love the way her skin feels like on mine. It's like a wave of electricity flowing through me as butterflies lurch in my stomach. I love her, I really do. I don't fall in love easily, actually I've only ever fell in love once, but that was four years ago and it ended in disaster.

Admitting to myself I'm actually falling for Tabitha is one of the hardest things I've ever done. I didn't want to know that I'm in love, I don't want to be hurt the way I was, it's something I don't want to go through again, ever. But I know Tabitha wouldn't do that to me... Not that she would feel the same way I feel towards her. It's hard to explain and it hurts. I love Tabitha, I really really do. I would rather spend a pointless night with her than with Cheryl Cole or someone else that's famous.

I adore her and I can tell you, I will treat her right, the way she deserves. Not the way Jacob and some other pricks have treated her. She'll be my princess and I'll be her knight in shining armor, protecting her from every danger that's thrown her way. Why couldn't she be mine? Why so confusing? Why so hard? Why now?

"You know you love me... I know you care. Just shout whenever and I'll be there" her soft voice whispered, dragging me away from my deep thoughts.

"You are my heart, you are my love... And we will never ever ever be apart" I continued as I held her closer to me, her head resting against my chest.

"Are we an item? Girl quit playing. We're just friends, what are you saying?"

I'm saying I want to be yours...

"Say there's another and look right in my eyes. My first love broke my heart for the first time..." I gently sang before leaving a kiss to the top of her head. I ran my fingers through her soft hair as she rested in my arms. I admired her, her eyes closed, hair falling perfectly in place as she inhaled and exhaled. I tightened my arms as I softly hummed, her hand squeezing mine.

I wish things could stay like this forever...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello beautifuls (: how do you like the story so far? What do you guys recon will happen next? Comment what you think :D

So I was wondering how you guys imagined the characters in my stories so I thought, "hey, maybe they could show me" so yeah. Tweet me a photo of someone that looks like how you imagine one of my characters (: I though it would be fun to do that .xx

My twitter is: @Daymi5SOS, @hxrrynips, @cupcake_toby or @PostsToAgree

My crush... He got a hair cut :o my friends think it's funny but I think it's kind of cute (because it's funny) aha, only he could pull a haircut like that off (: not in a mean way. I think he quiffs his hair... ZAYN! Aha, just kidding but yeah. He's actually kind of annoying, my best friend sits near the bag racks in English so when he puts his bag away he walks past her and what he does to everyone on the way to his desk is like hit them with whatever he's holding (like a book, ruler, pencil, etc) and she gets annoyed from that and it's actually quite hard to piss her off. He's still popular :/ his friends are pure dicks, I hate them all (not really hate, just highly dislike). I talked to him today and yesterday :3 kind of... Well, yeah, at least he knows I exist, aha. But yesterday I was giving his friend something on USB and he was like "thanks Daymi" even though it wasn't for him and I just raised my eyebrows at him which now I look back must've looked so gay... Ahahaha, biggest loser. But anyway, today I walked into English and put my bag on my desk (at the front row... Wooh, teacher's pet :/ stupid seating arrangements) and he sits in the second row and he like walked in after me into class (we had electives before, which is like a subject we choose like sport, cooking, art, etc. and everyone goes to different classes for those electives. But yeah we came back early from that so not many people were back) and I asked the teacher "are we doing timed writing?" and he's just like "yeah, we are, it's Thursday" and I was like OMG he talked to me! But yeah, aha, I'm so stupid. Then he put his book on top of mine later :o is it weird to fan girl over that? Aha, I'm so weird. So yeah, that's for the people that wanted to know how it's going with him. But even though he talked to me, I still have NO CHANCE AT ALL )"":

Aha, anyway, hope you guys like the story so far (: .xx