Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Tabitha's Pov

"Zayn..." I said awkwardly as Zayn stared at the ground. Guilt stirred up inside my stomach as he waited patiently for me to speak again. I finally got my courage, "Zayn, you're an amazing guy, any girl would be lucky to have you, but I'm just not the girl. You deserve better, so much better. But if you're with me, you can't get that... I'm sorry"

He looked up, hurt in his eyes, "it's not your fault"

"It is... and I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, I never wanted to hurt you" I said truthfully, "I... I just didn't want to hurt you from the start... I'm sorry..."

"I know and it's ok. I'll get over it some time" he weakly smiled before looking back down at the concrete.

I sighed, "I really am sorry. I feel terrible"

"I know and it's ok, you shouldn't be"

"You deserve better" I said, hugging him.

"Thanks, but not really..."

"You really do, trust me. The right girl's out there, you just need to find her, Prince Charming"

He chuckled, "and I will find her"

"You better find her" I smiled.

He looked up the the sky, the birds chirping as they flew across. His hand went to the back of his neck, gently rubbing it. He pursed his lips as his actions stayed paused.

"So friends?" I asked, breaking the silence as I held a hand out for him to shake.

"Friends" he replied, taking my offer.

"It looks like there is no sign of any maturity at all here in this room" Sydnee said as Ashley, Sydnee and I watched the boys build a human pyramid on my bed. I laughed as Niall tumbled off the bed, landing right in front of me.

"Not funny" he said, sitting up.

"No, it was pretty funny" I giggled.

"Oh really?"

"Yes really"

"Fair enough" he shrugged, sitting beside me. "So, how'd it go?"

"It was ok. He said its fine and he'll get over me soon, so that's good I guess" I smiled.

"Oh ok"

"Yeah"

"So how was you and Sydnee's gym trip?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Good"

"That's good" he answered, "I don't get why you need to go to the gym"

I laughed, "cause I'm fat"

"What the actual fuck? You're not fat!"

"Yes I am!"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

He rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed, "shut up. You're one of the skinniest people I've ever met so shut up!"

"Whatever you say" I said, not believing what he had told me.

"Oh my god... Tabitha, believe me, you don't need to go to the gym"

"But I do, I really do"

"Tabitha" he said, putting his hand on mine, "you don't need to go to the gym. You are perfect, your body is perfect, you eyes are perfect, you lips are perfect, your hair is perfect, everything about you is perfect. So believe me when I say, you don't need to go to the gym"

"Oh..." I whispered, staring into his eyes. Somehow the way he said I was perfect sent butterflies to my stomach. I felt mesmerized by his eyes as I stared into his crystal blue orbs. The heat from his palm on the back of my hand sent tingles down my spine. I've never felt like this during his presence, it makes no sense.

I watched in awe as his chest rose and fell rapidly. He slowly leant in, decreasing the space between us. Our foreheads were centimeters apart, feeling the warmth of his body heat. I turned my head, facing back to the mischievous boys in front of me. Niall's eyes saddened as I stared blankly forward.

"I'm sorry" he whispered, getting up from beside me. I closed my eyes, not able to think straight.

What am I doing? He's my best friend, not my boyfriend... Pfftt, I don't like Niall, that's just weird. I mean, he's like my brother, that's just awkward... I love him, yeah I love him. I love him like a BROTHER, nothing more... Well at least I think.... I honestly have no idea how I feel towards him. Mixed emotions and awkward moments between us are practically killing our friendship. I know he doesn't like me, no way he would like me. But somehow the thought of him not having interest saddens me. It's weird, it's confusing, it's hard.

He's my best friend, my brother, nothing more.