𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘭 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

"𝘓𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘔𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘴𝘢, 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶."
.
.
.

[014]

[014]

Using your gears, you used your wires to reach up the top of wall. Already seeing Eren on top as he helped Reiner up and you walked up to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. His gaze seemed uncharacteristically relaxed as he turned to face you, acting as if he wasn't facing the alleged man in front of him—you were almost impressed he wasn't acting like his usual impulsive self.

"Y/n? Why aren't you with Hange?" He asked, looking at you with concern.

Reiner nodded beside him, and you eyed his injured arm. Though you made sure to not look for long to not be suspicious, and you gave him a small smile before facing the brunette again.

"She's with Christa. I meant Historia, sorry." You corrected, raising your hands apologetically as if you offended anyone.

The name rolled from your tongue almost as if you knew the name before, you ignored it though and decided to walk away before Reiner spoke, making you remain still for a moment before snapping your gaze down at him; he suddenly sat down meanwhile you were stuck on your own head.

Eren walked over to help Armin up the edge of the wall meanwhile Reiner spoke to you.

"A titan chew through my arm, in case you were curious. I saw you glancing at my arm earlier. Must've not asked because you were intimidated, right?"

Nodding, you gave him a strained smile.

"At least you're still alive, right?" You teased, though you were hesitant in acting buddies with him.

Reiner chuckled as he brought a hand over his head, though he winced in pain as he gripped his bitten arm.

"Yeah, that's right."

"You're strong anyways, I think I should thank you for protecting our friends. If that's the reason you have that injury."

Before he could respond to your remark, Armin sat beside him as he got pulled up to the wall by Eren. Reiner's eyes turned to him.

"Tell her, Armin. The time I got crushed by a titan's fist."

Armin's eyes widened slightly in confusion at the sudden conversation he was brought up in, "that time..."

As he brought up a clenched fist to his forehead, he spoke up, distressed by the fact he nearly got killed twice.

"At this point, I won't be around for much longer. I know I chose this path for myself, but it seems like being a soldier..."

You remember Annie referring to herself as a warrior rather than a soldier. You may be overthinking his words, but maybe it's okay to assume that he wasn't the alleged armored titan. Though deep inside, you knew you shouldn't be too hopeful to believe he wasn't it. Being naive is something you knew would get you wiped out of the world.