𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭

"𝘓𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘔𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘴𝘢, 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶."
.
.
.

[013]

[013]

SIXTEEN HOURS AFTER THE TITANS WERE SPOTTED

You couldn't stand the uncomfortable silence that was present in the cart, and you could almost even feel the distress from the usual energetic squad leader in front of you. Her grip on the crystal rock making your head spin when you remembered who it came from.

Suddenly the blonde boy beside you spoke up, breaking this painful silence.

"What should we do?" Asking, he turned his gaze up to face the squad leader.

"To think wall rose would suddenly be breached..what options do we have left? Even if we take Y/n or Eren to the damaged spot, I can't imagine it going well.."

After a few seconds of waiting for a response; and not getting it, Armin continued, "Why...are we taking a wallist priest with us?"

You almost bit your lip in reassurance when you saw the energetic squad leader get back to her normal self as she wrapped her arms around the priest's neck. "Oh..Nick and I are buddies! Right?" Yelling, she playfully punched his chest.

Despite your reassurance, you gave her a skeptical look when the priest slightly scowled at her, in what you assumed was unrecognition. Her goofy expression suddenly turned serious when she met your gazes.

"He knew there were titans inside the walls, but didn't say anything until now. Don't know why, but he's serious in dying before spilling anything. Their church definitely knows some sort of secret about the walls." She explained.

You heard the brunette growl under his breath before standing up from where he sat, a deadly glare on his face.

"What the hell?!?"

Mikasa immediately pulled him back, glaring at him as he got pulled back to his previous position.

"The hells wrong with you, Eren? Y/n's still tired from transforming." She scolded, her cold glare unwavering.

Ignoring them both, Hange spoke up again.

"We could have asked other believers, but he chose to come with us. He wants to see if he can stay true to his principles and keep silent after seeing how things truly are. He's going to judge us with his very eyes and ask himself."

Your brows furrowed in disbelief, "What? Didn't you already see enough? You didn't have a change of heart when you were the only one spared from the female titan!?"

The priest remained silent, only looking at the bottom of the cart and Hange gave you a look; silencing your further complaints.

"I believe he's a good man of judgment, but maybe there's something more important to him than humanity's extinction."