CHAPTER 10

“Ne, have you heard about Haruno-san and Sarutobi-san?” Izuna overheard one of his clansmen. He stopped walking, his brows creasing as he listened in to their conversation. Sakura and Sarutobi? He asked himself.

“Baaaka, I was there last night. Maaan, I was totally going to introduce myself to her until Sarutobi showed up,” the other male grumbled.

“Yeah right,”

“No really! If Sarutobi didn’t show up, maybe then Haruno-san would’ve gone home with me. That lucky bastard,”

Izuna tensed, his fists clenching. Turning on his heels, he made his way to the direction of one Sarutobi Sasuke.

He made great time, knocking on his front door, extending out his chakra to see if he could feel Sakura’s inside. Sarutobi answered a moment later, bare chested with just a loose trousers on, rubbing his eyes and yawning. Izuna’s eyebrows twitched.

“Sasuke”

He yawned again. “Izuna, to what do I owe this pleasure so early in the morning,” he asked, leaning against the door. Izuna huffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest. Sarutobi smirked.

“Please, come inside,” he offered as Izuna nodded and walked in. Sarutobi walked past him as he was taking off his sandals.

“Oh, you might want to keep your voice down, Sakura is still sleeping,”

Izuna’s leg stomped down, his head whipping up so fast he lost his balance and almost knocked his head against the wall. Sarutobi laughed at his friend's reaction. “Oh man, you should've seen your face Uchiha,” he said in between his laughter. Izuna growled and shoved him on the shoulder, hard enough to push him off balance.

“Ha ha,” he deadpanned, his jaw clenching.

“Isn’t that why you’re here? To make sure she actually didn’t come home with me?” Sarutobi tilted his head, a knowing smirk on his face. Izuna huffed and walked past him to sit on the kitchen table, Sarutobi following behind.

“Coffee?” he asked. Izuna nodded.

“Why were you drinking with Sakura last night?” Izuna cut straight to the point.

“It wasn’t planned or anything. She was already there drinking when I went, and she was alone so I kept her company. How do you know about this?”

“I overheard my clansmen gossiping,” he grumbled.

“Hmm, there were a couple Uchiha’s there. They definitely had their eyes glued to Sakura until I showed up,” this caused Izuna to clench his fists.

“You know, everyone has just as much right to woo her if you aren’t officially courting her,” Sarutobi said with a raised eyebrow, sipping on his coffee.

“Tch, not everyone is deserving of her,” he replied. Silence.

Sarutobi chuckled. “Want to know a secret?” he smirked.

Izuna narrowed his eyes at the male. “What secret?”

“Let’s just say Sakura has a…loose tongue when she’s drunk,” he chuckled, staring at his coffee as he remembered his conversation with the pinkette.

“Out with it,” Izuna spat, losing his patience.

“Tsk tsk, someone’s grumpy this morning,” Sarutobi teased, sipping his coffee. He laughed when Izuna activated his sharingan.

“Alright alright, jeez,” he chuckled, putting his hands up in surrender.

“Sakura was drinking away her frustrations,” he drawled, sipping his coffee and watching Izuna’s face for a reaction. Izuna creased his brows.