97

"They're here."

I watch as Dad's face drops, the static on the walkie is overtaken by screams from his men back home. He drops the walkie and lets it break into a million pieces and scatter on the floor before he grabs my arm and yanks me outside with him.

"Men! Load of the trucks and get to moving! War is now! We are going to the meeting spot and setting up to prepare!" He yells, I stand there watching the men sprint into action. They have never moved so fast before as the are right now. "They have no idea who they're fucking with."

"No Dad. You have no idea who you're fucking with." I reply before walking to his truck and jumping in the passenger seat. I buckle up as Dad helps the men gather the guns and place them into the back before he jumps in as well and starts the truck.

"This is such bullshit." He mutters under his breath as he pulls out. I give him a side glance before returning my full attention back to the outside. I couldn't believe I was about to see my family once more, even if it was under terrible circumstances.

After an hour or so of me dozing in and out we arrive at the top of a hill. Dad parks his truck in the center before hoping out and ordering the other men to park theirs in a line. I stay in the trucks and watch as they all set of their weapons in different areas.

The snipers go off into the woods by us and set up besides trees and rocks they had found. I sigh and hop out of the truck closing my door softly to not spook anyone. I look around before noticing a stick slightly poking out of the ground with something attached to it.

I look around before scurrying over to it. It seemed to be a piece of notebook paper, but smaller. I lift the stick up and snatch the paper off before turning it over and reading the writing on it.

'Sarah stand here. -Eugene.' I smile softly and poke the stick back into the ground to where I wouldn't forget my spot. I move on over to Dad and listen as he talks to his men about their plan and how they were going to avenge their fallen brothers.

The winds starts to pick up a breeze and blows my hair to the side along with some in my face. I use my hands to pull my hair back into a low ponytail to keep it sane. The air was still cool sending tiny goosebumps down my neck and to my spine, but even in this moment I really didn't mind it.

"Sarah come here." Dad shouts from behind me drawing me from my thoughts. I turn heel and make my way to him just to have a gun shoved in my hand. "You fight or you die. Those people don't care about you. Remember that."

I just nod my head slowly and grip the gun tightly in my hand. "Dad?" I ask quietly making him look back down at me. "What about Dwight?"

He looks around him before leaning down slightly and taking a deep breath as if he was about to regret what he was about to say. "If he does anything. Anything at all. Do not hesitate to shoot and kill him. Do you understand?" He questions.

I smile softly and nod my head, "Yes. I understand." I whisper before I happily walk away from our little conversations. I sit behind the stick that was in the ground from earlier and fiddle around with my gun to kill time.

It felt like hours had passed and there was nothing nor nobody around. Well, besides us of course. The woods were quiet besides the distant groans of walkers and a few chirping birds. But still yet no sign of Rick Grimes. Which I found to be a little shocking.

"Maybe they chickened out? I mean the saw how we done them at the lineup." Dwight chuckles as he shakes his head, Dad doesn't find any humor in what he had just said.

"Dwight shut the hell up. This isn't a time to be playing around. Grow a pair of balls and pay attention." Dad says, I cover my mouth holding back a devious little laugh.

Dwight huffs and shakes his head before grabbing a gun from the truck and taking his spot a few feet away from me. It's takes a few minutes for the rest of the men to line up as well, by the time they do it looks like Dad had collected the whole US army.

Dad walks and stands in front of us a small smirk playing on his face as he eyes his men. "Today. We can't be afraid of them, they might've gotten us once but they will not get us by surprise again. We are here and we are ready!" He says pointing at everyone.

Everyone stands tall and nods their head as they stare him down. Dad laughs and grabs his leather gloves and places them on his hands before he points and motions at one of the men who move forward and hand him Lucille.

"My pretty girl." He says kissing the tip of the bat before slinging it over his shoulder. He looks slightly to the left of himself and smirks. "Well, well, well what do we have here boys?" He asks making me jerk my head to the side.

One of the men had another man tied up with a bag over his head making him shuffle towards the rest of us. I lean my head to the side before they yank the bag off and reveals Eugene's face. The idiot got caught again? Fuck.

They shove him forward towards the rest of us until he hits the ground on his knees right before my Dad. "Who are you?" Dad asks as he kneels down.

Eugene's lower lip quivers as he looks at me then back at my Dad. "I'm Negan." He says. I widen my eyes and step forwards slightly towards him.

"You traitor!" I yell as I start to run towards him before being yanked back by one of Dads men. "You're a fucking liar! How could you do this! To me! Our family! You fucking prick!" I yell as tears fill my eyes.

Eugene stares at the ground before Dad helps him back up and cuts the ropes freeing him. "I knew you'd come to your senses. It just took a little while. Did you lead Daryl and Amber where I told you to?" My mouth drops open as I listen to their conversations.

"Yes sir." Eugene says as he nods his head. Dad pats his back and laughs before wrapping and arm around his shoulders and starts to walk with him towards the middle. Eugene stares at the ground and stops in a specific spot not budging another inch.

I jerk away from the man and walk back to my spot Eugene had made me for. I was hesitant, but still something inside me tells me to trust him so.. I do.

Dad stands proudly front and center as he stares at us. "My saviors." He laughs as he lowers his bat. "It's time to end this pussies." He says with a small smirk.

A gunshot goes off in the distance and a man on the very end of the front line falls backwards making me jump and widen my eyes. Dad jerks around and looks over the hill.

I smile softly as I watch Rick and the rest of the group emerge from the woods their weapons drawn and pointed. Their mouths slightly drop open when they see Eugene standing proudly beside Dad as if he was his right hand man. Rick shakes his head and points at Dad before opening his mouth and speaking.

"Miss me?"